New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello fellow CBR lovers

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 11:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello fellow CBR lovers

Hello all. Was googling parts for a 1987 CBR 1000F Hurricane and found the forum. Not in need of any parts but was wondering what's still available and out there.

I do have a 1987 CBR1000F Hurricane (Winter Lake Blue/Grey).

I bought it new in Aug. of 1987 and am the one and only original owner. The bike has very, very low mileage. Due to having a family and neck and back problems followed by neck surgery and cluster headaches.

I've refused to sell it in the past but sadly, I may have to. It's not fair to the bike not to be ridden like it deserves to be.

And if I did decide to sell it, what might I be able to get for it? There is a minor ding ( I'd guess from a rock? ) in the middle of the front fender and less then 1/8" in size, and a small scratch on the tank decal dead center right in front of the driver (was there when I bought it off the showroom floor in 1987). Other then that, IT'S IN MINT/SHOWROOM CONDITION! Oh, and the mileage, ORIGINAL MILEAGE, is 12,100 give or take 10-20.

I really don't care what NADA and or Kelly Blue book says one is worth. I wouldn;t give it away. I'll keep it before I let it go for next to nothin'. But I would add, it's for one with like 90K miles or more and one that's been rebuilt.

I still love to ride it it's just that I shouldn't be and my body can't handle it anymore. Though I do get on it on occasion. My 17 year old wants me to keep it and let him ride it/have it ( I'll bet he does, lol ) but I can't do that. He;s never ridden a bike and this isn't a good first bike for ANYONE. And I'd feel horrible and die inside if I did let him have it and he got killed on it. That and my wife and my mother (his grandmother obviously) would hate me then probably kill me.

Your honest feedback, input and 411 will be greatly appreciated.

Anyhow, glad to see there's a lot of CBR lovers out there still and a forum dedicated to the CBR's and those who ride them.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:55 AM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello and Welcome to the CBR Forums.. There is a section that is just for the Hurricanes. Come on down there and say Hello also. I agree with you on a 1k is not the best bike to start out on. IMO. Ride Safe...

Old 09-23-2010, 08:31 PM

Like Hurricane said - check out the dedicated section. But welcome to the forum!

Old 09-24-2010, 06:43 AM

welcome to the forum brohemeth sorry about your situation goodluck

Old 09-26-2010, 12:06 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum, man.
Honestly, how much your bike is worth is a tough question. If you find the right person, it could go for more than market value for sure. But generally... around the 2-3k mark is probably accurate. You should put some pics up of it. We don't see the blue one much.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:21 PM

Thanks for the welcome to the forum, by all who did so as well.

As for pictures, I did post a few. They can either be seen in my profile picture album or in the thread linked below, on page 52 and post #520.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthrea...=95609&page=52

The mileage is now at a whopping 12,110. And it is the original mileage.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:21 PM

well i bought a 86 ninja 600 with 13k miles for a grand but your bike is AMAZING and is bigger lol i got my cbr 600 hurricane for 1200 and again your looks ALOT better so i hope that helps id be interested if you were in michigan haha goodluck man i hate to see/hear about anyone that has to stop riding for any reason

Old 09-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well C-R nice looking Hurricane there man, nice colour & welcome to the Forum

Old 09-28-2010, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by GearheadMort
well i bought a 86 ninja 600 with 13k miles for a grand but your bike is AMAZING and is bigger lol i got my cbr 600 hurricane for 1200 and again your looks ALOT better so i hope that helps id be interested if you were in michigan haha goodluck man i hate to see/hear about anyone that has to stop riding for any reason
Yea, that's the thing, I'll never let it go for that little. It's obviously paid and not costing me much for insurance and I'm not about to give it away.

If anyone knows anyone that is seriously looking for a bike, and interested, please let me know.

And rather then start another thread for it, thanks to all for the welcoming me to the forum.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome

Quick Reply: Hello fellow CBR lovers