New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello Everyone. Im new to this....

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 01:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Hello Everyone. Im new to this....

Hello everyone. Ive always been an addict of checking out forums for info but never a fan of actually joining one until now ha ha. Reason being, All the forums Ive checked out in the past for answers never really gave me the answers to my questions. While researching stuff for my newly acquired F3 I found damn near all my answers HERE !!!! so I was compelled to join. All the users on this site seem to be an actual online community and not just a bunch of **** talkers who like to cause cyber drama. Anywho, Ive had a 97 shrad (crashed it in the canyons) , I used the insurance money to get a 00 R6 (i had that one for about a year), then when the 50th anniversary R6 came out (you know, the yellow one) I bought it brand spanking new and sold the 00 R6, a month TO THE DATE after I bought the 06 R6, it got STOLEN IN THE JURY DUTY PARKING LOT !!!!! ****ing bastards. My insurance covered the cost of the bike and I decided to pay off some things and save up for another bike so I wouldnt be in debt. Just as life goes, things always come up and I have to spend my bike savings on other things. Years later (present time) my cousin gave me his old F3 that has been sitting in our other cousins backyard for FREE !!!! So now I have a nice project on my hands. Ill do my best to post pics of my progress and what not. But yeah, if anyone wants to chat, just hit me up.

p.s. If you are wondering about my user name, I sing in the band A Piece Of The Action (APOTA)

Old 06-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard! Thanks for the wonderful feedback on our fine forum. Glad it motivated you to join up!

Sorry to hear about your bike theft experience. I have also had a bike stolen & know that feeling. I never saw it again.

Congrats on the free F3! It will be a worthy project. Hope you're able to get it up & going quickly.

Interesting band name...I like it!

Good to have you w/ us!

Old 06-04-2011, 11:51 AM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to CBRF

Old 06-05-2011, 02:15 AM

Thanks guys. I appreciate the welcoming .

Old 06-06-2011, 09:16 AM

Wow pretty ballsy stealing the bike from there. Sorry to hear about that.

Anyways lets see some pictures of the new bike

Old 06-07-2011, 03:46 PM

I have the bike torn apart, kinda. Ive already, cleaned out the gas tanks of rust, replaced the spark plugs, replaced the air filter, did the oil change, replaced the fuel pump and inline filter. replaced the petcock filter, and replaced the battery.

Name:  2011-04-29151601.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  125.6 KB

I made a vid of how I removed the rust from my tank:

YouTube - ‪Removing Rust From A Motorcycle Gas Tank (96 CBR F3)‬‏

The big is definitely a project, so Ill try to post as many pics as possible. Thanks for the welcoming.