New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello Every one! New guy from Texarkana, AR!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 01:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Hello Every one! New guy from Texarkana, AR!

Hey guys. My name is Jesse Youngblood. I live in a little town called Alleene, AR(way out in the sticks!) The nearest town/city is Texarkana, TX/AR! I am a big time adrenaline junky! Right now I am in College(my second year). I am a Auto Body/Automotive Technology Technician! I work on anything from dents, to full paint jobs, to engine rebuilds, to regular maintenance tune ups. I am also in the Air Force Auxiliary as a Search and Rescue pilot! I love racing, flying, and just plane going fast! I drive a 1999 Chevy Camaro Z28(LS1 V8 6speed). Awesome car. I am in the process of painting it right now. Anyway I am not new to Motorcycles(Rockets in particular). My first bike was a piece of crap Kazuma 200 4 stroke dirt bike, then it became F.U.B.A.R. so I got a 01 Yamaha R1! Loved the hell out of it, but I had to sell it for College. Then I bought a 01 Yamaha WR426F dirt bike, and now I have traded the dirt bike for my 1993 Honda CBR600 F2! The bike is not in the greatest condition but it's not bad. Needs new forks, head light, and some major T.L.C.! The previous owner tried to take it between two poles, well... He made it through but the bike didn't. It still runs, but very rough. It sat for about 5 months out side in the weather before I got ahold of it. After changing the plugs, fresh fuel, all new filters and alot of listening to a starter it finally coughed to life. Blew out some grayish smoke but cleared up quickly. When riding and under 8000RPM it stutters and pops alot(If anyone has any advice on what might be causing this please let me know!!! But once it gets up in the RPMs it goes pretty good! It's hard to start after it has set for a few hours also. My plan is to make it into a street fighter. Anyway, I hope I can meet and make some new friends and at the same time learn some stuff about my bike! If anyone has any info on what to do about the sputtering and such. Please let me know. I really would like to get this bike rideable soon! BTW, if there is anyone close to me that has bike ride weekends or get togethers or anything of that nature! Let me know! I want to have some peeps to ride with once I get this thing going! I'm about 2 hours from Dallas and Little Rock. I'm kinda right in the middle Lol!
Thanks,
Jess

Sorry about how long it is.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:34 AM
Banned

Welcome to the forum. If you got some $$, post what u need and want to buy in the "parts wanted" section. This is a good source if you need parts for your bike. Carbs need to be cleaned for that sputtering if it sat for awhile.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY

Welcome to the CBR Forum!!!

Old 10-29-2010, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by OutlawF4
Welcome to the forum. If you got some $$, post what u need and want to buy in the "parts wanted" section. This is a good source if you need parts for your bike. Carbs need to be cleaned for that sputtering if it sat for awhile.
Thanks man I will check that out! How would I go about cleaning the carbs? Would I just have to take them off and just get some carb cleaner for oreilys or something? My former rocket was carbed also but I never had to work on it.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome man! I too am from Arkansas...Bentonville. Own a 2001 Z28(check sig). Currently trying to get a bike! Any pics of the car?

Old 10-29-2010, 08:33 PM

yeah +1 lets see some pics!

Old 10-29-2010, 11:25 PM

Lol! Thanks guys! Nice ride LS1tuner! I will post up some more pictures soon! I have videos on Youtube of my camaro. My channel is AdrenalineJunky17! I will have a video of the CBR running on there soon. Probably tonight, or tomorrow morning!

Old 10-30-2010, 10:55 AM

Hey guys! Here is a link to a video of my bike on youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZaEftaDnn0 Just copy this link and put it in the URL. If you go to my videos you can also check out some videos of my Camaro and such. I will be putting more up soon. Right now I can only do one shot, short videos straight from my camera because my video editing software has quit working. Once I get a new editor, many more videos will be up really soon!

Old 10-30-2010, 10:56 AM

Thx man. Can't wait to see the bike. Hope you get her up and going. Post those vids so I can check em out.