New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello from Chicago w/ pics!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Chicago w/ pics!

Been lurking on here for some time and now have a reason to post. About 3 weeks ago, I became the proud owner of of an absolutely MINT 2002 F4i. I had 3 other F4i's and an SV1k to look at. This bike was the first, and last I looked at. For 3200 in pristine condition with 19700 miles I couldn't turn it down. Bone stock, only mods being a Delkevic oval mini slip-on, flushmounts and c/f wannabe aftermarket mirrors.

Coming from years of 90s rebuild project sportbikes(currently a 93 Kawi ZX6E), this bike is a pure luxury to ride. Controls and handling are butter smooth. Fuel injection My wife is not 100% happy with the seating comfort, and lack of grab bar(at 4'11 with matching arms, reaching the tank to brace for braking is not an option), but hopefully we can find a work around as we plan on alot of 2-up sport-touring next summer.

I have to say though, I was a little disappointed and concerned after reading an earlier post and finding out that my fairings are aftermarket(PGM-FI under the F4i logo). I'm a little confused why though since there isnt a single scuff or scratch ANYWHERE on the bike indicating that it went down. The bike rides and tracks perfect-

Name:  Picture001-5.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  254.9 KBName:  Picture002-5.jpg
Size:  255.0 KBName:  Picture004-5.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  213.3 KBName:  Picture009-3.jpg
Size:  169.4 KBName:  Picture007-5.jpg
Size:  273.7 KB

Next spring, that hideous fender will be replaced with an undertail. I couldnt resist a quick mod of my own in the mean time

Name:  IMG_0081-1.jpg
Size:  176.8 KBName:  IMG_0083-1.jpg
Size:  53.4 KB

Old 11-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to CBRF!

Great looking bike! I have the Red Bull "mod" as well. ;-)

Don't sweat the aftermarket fairings. Most likely just the side fairings are replacements. The PO could've simply replaced them from the bike being tipped over, etc. It doesn't always take a crash to feel the need to replace parts/fairings.

The pipe/can looks like a Yoshi Tri Oval CF but there aren't any visible markings.

Good to have you w/ us.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Congrats on your first post....(and the new bike )
Hopefully we see more of you around now that you have a bike! There is lots to see and do here besides repair questions. Come visit the picture challenge thread and help us get some challenges done.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:16 PM

I swear you guys 'across the pond' get the better colour (sorry, color)schemes for your bikes. Ive never seen one like that over here. It looks awesome.

Very nice.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Welcome to CBRF!

Great looking bike! I have the Red Bull "mod" as well. ;-)

Don't sweat the aftermarket fairings. Most likely just the side fairings are replacements. The PO could've simply replaced them from the bike being tipped over, etc. It doesn't always take a crash to feel the need to replace parts/fairings.

The pipe/can looks like a Yoshi Tri Oval CF but there aren't any visible markings.

Good to have you w/ us.
Thanks! The pipe is definitely a Delkevic. I recently figured out how to remove the baffle. I think I'll leave it out for the time being Moderately loud in the higher rpms, but not so much as to p/o the neighbors when leaving/arriving in the lowers.

I have to say, though this color combo was probably my least favorite F4i scheme, its really starting to grow on me. Yeah, I'm really loving this bike.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:23 PM

You could easily change the color scheme to black wings on silver by replacing the lower fairings & putting on black tank decals. Just pointing out the option for you. In fact, sans the tank, you can change the entire look altogether w/ completely dif fairing kits but you'd have to paint or wrap the tank.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:24 PM

Wow, that was quick! Thanks for the welcomes/compliments guys. I wish my replies didnt have to get reviewed before they're visible, but I probably have to build a post count first.

Hopefully we see more of you around now that you have a bike!
Oh, its been along time since I've been without a bike. This is just my first modern(ish) one.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:25 PM

Yep, you'll be in moderation til your acct is fully approved. No worries...keep posting. It won't take long. ;-)

Old 11-13-2012, 02:28 PM

You could easily change the color scheme to black wings on silver by replacing the lower fairings & putting on black tank decals. Just pointing out the option for you.
Nooooo. Thanks, but the brilliant red really sets it off. Silver/red was one of my least favorite schemes(favorites being red/black, blue/black, and yellow/black in that order), but it's really starting to grow on me.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:33 PM

Yeah, the red on silver really is eye-catching.

Honda silver really is a nice color.

Quick Reply: Hello from Chicago w/ pics!