New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello CBR Forum

Old 09-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Hello CBR Forum

Hello to all users/admins of this forum,

Ill start off introducing myself, as you can see by my username im "Mikewithebike" Im 25 and from Portsmouth. i have recently purchased my very first ever bike and looking to find out a bit more about her (Juliet) lol. She is a little old now but i think she will be great for aot of fun and to get me used to riding, Juliet is a 1999 CBR 600f, i have been thinking about changing the can though as the one that is on it at the moment is a stock exhaust and im looking for something thats going to sound a lot more throatier, im not really looking for performance increase.

The questions i was hoping to find the answers to were:

1. If i was to change just the can itself would i have to get anything remapped/reconfigured?

2. What exhaust cans would you recommend? Price range £200-£250?

3. Is it hard to change the can myself?

Ive never done any modifications to anything in the motor world but i work as a heating engineer and im pretty hands on and can understand things quickly.

Many Thanks in advance to anyone who can help and hope to find this site as helpfull as it looks!

Old 09-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello Mike, I'm Juliet and definitely not a bike!!

Welcome

It sounds like you have a carbed F4 ... if so a change in can usually only requires a tuning of the carbs or rejetting, maybe not even that ... I would stick with the well known brands of end can specifically designed for your bike, the guys down in the F4 forum should be able to help you out better ... so, um ... how come you called her Juliet??