New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello from AR!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from AR!

Hello there, my name is Laura. My husband and I are from Arkansas. We decided to get bikes late last summer, but really didn't know much about them until we received an 87 Hurricane 1000 as a trade in on a truck we were selling. We have fallen in love with it!!! The bike is WAY to big for me to ride..... so I am stuck with a BMW 750. BUT, I will certainly be riding on the back of the Hurricane every chance that I get!!!

As you can tell, I am very excited, and my husband is equally excited. We have gotten a few things done as far as fixing it up.... but I have been looking for body parts everywhere!!! I did find some fairings on Airtech (www.airtech.com) but we are going to need alot more than what they offer unless I can talk him into riding it completely naked (the bike) for a while. lol

If any one has any advise, any ideas on other year models that might work, or places that I might find decent ones~ I would love to hear from you.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:41 AM
Banned

Welcome to CBRF Laura and congrats on the new bikes!! The comment about being "stuck" on a BMW 750 made me chuckle...lol.

Post your Hurricane question in here
https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/

and I'm sure you will get a good response to it and maybe even a few answers that you can use. They're a great bunch of guys in there and very knowledgable, having hundreds of years of Hurricane experience between them.

Take care and enjoy the forums!

Old 09-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Laura, and Welcome to CBRF!!

You're pretty much stuck with '87/'88 plastics. They can be tough to find, no doubt. Fleabay is just about your best bet for old plastics for these, but people pop up once in a while here parting out bikes with some useable plastic. Are your current fairings totally wrecked? Could you possibly repair them?

Drop by the 'Cane section like eweppley said, and we'll see what we can find for you. Maybe post the parts you need? It's somewhere to start at least.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:21 AM
Default Thanks

Thank you for your replies. I am a constant ebay checker~ I have found good deals on all hubbies other hobbies, jet skis, car parts, etc. But anything that I have found for the Hurricane is "as bad" if not worse than what we have. Looks like this thing has been laid over SEVERAL times, lol.

I have talked to a few local people about repairing the fairings (lots of cracks, but only one hole) and fabricating some of the parts that I can't find for less than $800 (to early in the morning to remember the part right now but it holds the wind shield). Problem is, we live in redneck country where everybody knows someway to do everything (haha) and none of these people can produce something that I can see to check the quality of their work. I would REALLY love to get this thing, at least, started for a birthday present for him. lol.

Has anyone tried the plastics from Airtech? They are basically inexpensive, as compaired to other things that I have found. I just wonder about the "finished" product. Maybe it would be easier to just fabricate, reinforce, and refinish what we have and go-for-it?

Old 10-01-2009, 03:40 PM

welcome