New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello all.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello all.....

Hey whats up,

I am currently in IRAQ and still have about 3 months left here. I finaly decided to get a bike and I have made my mind by saying I have to get a CBR. Iam in the liking of the CBR 600 4fi to start with. What do you all think.?? I realy have no riding experience, so I knowI first have to get that up there for me to comfortably by the bike and ride off with out making a fool of myself...LOL... What helpful hints can some of the riders give me to start out on learnig to ride. I know I want a bike and am very determined to learn.

Be safe in the states.......

JOE

Old 05-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hello all.....

Welcome to the forum.
MSF to start out with, possibly even before you get a bike.
Good luck!!

Be safe in Iraq.......

Old 05-02-2007, 11:34 PM
Retired Moderator

First of all, Godbless you for keping us safe! I have a cousin who is in the Marines, and stationed over there. He is proud to serve. Anyway, glad to have you on the site. First of all, you need to get to an MSF course in your area when you get home. You can have ZERO experience and learn to ride out of that class...they even provide you with a bike and helmet in most cases. You may consider a Ninja 250 or 500 to start. They are plenty of bike for anyone. A 600F4i is a great bike (that is what I have), but 600cc is potentially a lot of bike for a beginner. Anyway you decide to go, keep us posted, and be safe!!!

Old 05-02-2007, 11:49 PM

Joe,

Army bases used to require MSF courses back in my day, and I'd expect that the military is still pretty pro-motorcycle safety. Definitely take MSF courses, get good gear, read as many books about riding as you can, read all the magazines (the new issue of Sport Rider -- or Motorcyclist -- has an article on braking), look for racing schools (track time will teach you much about you and your motorcycle), and seek out the advice of good, experiencedriders.

Don't grab too much of that 600's throttle until you have some miles and training. And NEVER assume the cage drivers see you.

Stay safe in Iraq, and keep it safe when you get back here.

Bob

Old 05-03-2007, 12:54 AM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie

Hi and welcome to the site!
You'll find plenty of info in the New Rider Forum about getting started riding.
The F4i might be a bit much for a starter bike , but thankfully the bike is so damn easy andforgiving to ride that it you will probably be OK.
Good luck and stay safe in Iraq!
We'll see you when you get back![sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 05-03-2007, 12:00 PM

Hello & Welcome!!

There is no 4fi.....try F4i...LOL!!!

Old 05-03-2007, 02:38 PM

Welcome,
The MSF class is a must! As I am new to riding also, I took the class about a month ago and bought my first bike the last day of class. Thought I would start out with a CBR 600 F2. Some people told me it would be too much bike and I should start with a smaller Ninja or something and others thought it would be perfect. Do some research, find a bike that is comfortable for you, KNOW YOUR LIMITS and ride safe! Don't try to push yourself too far to fast or you will not be a happy camper. Personally, I love my bike!
Have a safe trip home from Iraq.

Old 05-03-2007, 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: joe1730

Be safe in the states.......

JOE
we are, because you and other brave people are out there...thank you from everyone!

Old 05-03-2007, 09:12 PM

MSF course way to go man. I have a f4i got it last summer first bike I've owned. Love it. I also took the course, who knows you might actually learn something! and you get your licenses as well. It's a win win! Be safe & welcome!

Old 05-04-2007, 08:21 PM

the air force and army both require msf certification to get a motorcycle endorsment on your military drivers licence.