New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

hello

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello

I've been reading this site for info and advice for over a month now, don't know why it took me so long to join.. Anyway, Hi! I'm a cbr 600 f4 rider in california, and I also own an f2 that needs some fixing up, so hopefully this site will give me the advice and contacts I need and in the meantime I can take some pictures and share with you my progress!

Actually, if someone could tell me how to put a picture in a post that would be appreciated

Attached Thumbnails hello-cbrsmall.jpg  
Old 05-29-2012, 10:58 PM

Welcome,

I'm sure you will find tons and tons of advice here, this is a great place to find out basically any info you can think of about a CBR. Settle in and enjoy.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:03 AM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome Edward... To post picture onto thread...load your pics photobucket.com.

Then from photobucket, copy the IMG code, then paste directly onto thread...

Old 05-30-2012, 12:26 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Welcome to the forum Edward.

Where abouts in California? There are more than a few of us here from the best coast.....
In the new member section, you will find some stickies. Please have a read through them. It will familiarize you with the rules that we all must follow as well as how to post pictures and stuff.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, we're glad you decided to join. Welcome aboard.

How's the PMing going? J/k ;-) Glad you're all set up now.

I have the same model F4. Looks like you have the split-seat conversion. Did you do that yourself or was it that way when you bought it?

Old 05-31-2012, 07:05 PM

welcome Eddie, nice lookin bike you have there!

Old 06-01-2012, 05:36 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome. The seat was that way when I bought it. Someone I met was telling me it was easy to convert to a split seat with just a simple bolt-on process, but it seemed way more complicated than that when I read the one guy's how-to on modding your subframe and everything. I'm actually really hoping it was a full subframe and split seat conversion so that if I decide to get an undertail, which I basically have, it will fit both the tail fairing and the subframe.

I dont know, maybe the guy I met the other day was talking out of his hiney.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is my tutorial the one you're referring to as "the one guy's how-to"? ;-) Yes, I do have the split-seat tutorial in my photo gallery. I did the split-seat conversion on my 2000 F4. Yes, it really is basically a "simple bolt-on process." ;-) Sure, there are a few little details that have to be attended to, but its not all that complicated. From what I can tell from your one pic...yes, the PO did do the conversion (subframe & tail).

If you need any help w/ understanding what was done, just check out my tutorial...it shows pics of everything.