New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello!

Hey everyone! My name is Chris and I'm the engine lead for the Texas Tech Formula SAE organization. Our goal during this school year is to design, fabricate, and test a miniture formula style race car. Next May we will take it to competition in Michigan to compete against other colleges. We have rebuilt our '05 car that has a honda F4i engine. My choice for the new car's engine is another F4i. They are solid engines with good mid range power. Most of the guys here aren't into motorcycles and I thought it would be good to become apart of a great forum so that we can pick up extra knowledge about honda engines. I have a couple of picks of our old car and an F3 donor bike that we are currently trying to part out. We were thinking of fuel injecting the f3 but thought it would be easier to swoop up a newer low mileage engine to save time. We are currently trying to gather funds into our off campus account so we can purchase a used engine. So most likely soon we'll be in the market for an engine for our new car!! Its a lot of fun putting something like this together. Just wish it could go faster...

Our '05 car getting some must needed attention-
Name:  TTUFSAE_1.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  119.6 KB

The Honda F4i Engine
Name:  TTUFSAE_2.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  160.8 KB

Our lovely donor bike in pieces! ahhh-
Name:  DonorBike.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  111.0 KB

Last edited by rdeaner; 10-01-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:45 PM

Hey Chris,
That looks like way too much fun. Kinda like a big wheeled, over powered shifter cart. I bet it's a blast to drive! Make sure you check out the f4i or f3 specific threads for good info on whichever engine you end up using. Welcome to the forum and good luck with your competition. Keep us posted with your progress!

Old 10-01-2010, 09:49 PM

Welcome! That looks pretty cool.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:59 PM

Thank you! It is a blast to be apart of this team. We have an awesome group of guys and girls working on this thing. So far we are sponsored by GM and Autodesk along with several local businesses. Anyway, thank you again for the welcome..

Old 10-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Aight I gotta ask... What happened to the pieces of the donor bike? Looking at the collection of parts I'm positive a couple guys here shorted their keyboards in drool.

Welcome aboard

Old 10-05-2010, 08:42 PM

lol.. well. I'm guessing like most forums I'm suppose to wait some x-number of posts before I can sell. So I'm going to be on here like crazy posting, and in the process - learning-, and hopefully soon I can put it all up for sale. I'm hoping to grab up another f4i off here too. I really like the one that's is on the current car. Plus we have the complete shop manual for it... so it is a cake walk in terms of information and torque specs.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:35 PM

That looks awesome. I hope you keep this site updated with what you do / have done to the "car."

Old 10-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to CBRF and thanx for posting!
Car looks like an absolute blast to drive.
Looking forward to seeing some "updates"

Old 10-07-2010, 01:14 PM

OMG! That looks awesome! I want one! ...and all of your spare parts too... Welcome to the forum! You'll love it here! So much information...the most helpful group of girls and guys....and a lot of fun too! Please make sure you keep this post alive! We want to see more pictures and specially videos! it's super easy to post videos in your posts using YouTube links! Welcome, good luck, and keep us updated!!!

Old 10-07-2010, 01:20 PM

Make sure you guys take really good care of the cooling since the engine is being blocked by the seat!