New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Greetings from Oz

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings from Oz

Hi there everyone .. just joined here today and have been having a look see around the boards .. some interesting stuff here for sure. My name is Rae and I ride a 2000 CBR600F4 .. have had it for about 9 months and loving it. Rode many years ago in my teens but with marriage and motherhood getting in the wayI kinda lost track of bikes for a while. Now doing the mid-life crisis thing - haha - and needed to get back to bikes to preserve my sanity. Have a teenage son that also rides .. has a Kawasaki ZR250 Balius so is awesome to be able to get out with him when I can. Sadly prob wont get to meet any of you as I am from Adelaide in Australia but felt that joining a forum such as this would be good to get info on my beast.

One thing I have found hard to fathom is .. and would appreciate any feedback on this .. once you get your licence in the States is there any restriction as to the capacity or power of bike that you can ride. Ride safe and keep it sticky side down

Old 07-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Default RE: Greetings from Oz

Hooray an adult! Welcome Rae, no, I don't believe most, if any, states in the U.S. have license power limits. Seems ridiculous, but then again, most new riders don't bother with a license in the first place...

Old 07-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

hey there :-) ..welcome to the forums .. I am from the uk and find it amazing that the USA has no restrictions .. seems that literally children can ride hugely powerful bikes??

Here we have to be 16 to ride a moped of 50cc .. at 17 we need to take a CBT test to ride a 125cc machine on L plates ..then having passed an official two part bike test can we move on to something faster ...

Jules

Old 07-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the board! Congrats on getting back into riding!

The state I live in had restrictions years back (at least 15) but currently you pass the test and you ride what ya like. Unfortunately if you're gonna be stupid you can just as easily kill yourself on a 600 vs a 1000. Plus the cruiser bikes put down very little power per CC so limiting our hairy friends to 600 or under was unrealistic.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:18 AM

Thanks for the welcomes ppls

Definitely not letting my teenage son see this as he is still on his L's .. had to do a 2 day test to get that .. still to sit his L2 test .. once he passes that he is on his P's for 12 months. Then and only then can he have his choice of bike .. up until then he is restricted as to what he can ride by law.. and mine is not on the list of ones that he can ride yayyyyyy