New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Giday from Oz

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 03:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giday from Oz

Hi everyone

Just introducing myself, I’ve been riding since I have I was 12, all sorts of bikes, but my greatest love is a CBR 600 F2 that I have owned from new, its been stuck in the shed for the last couple of years (almost 5!) while I had some balance problems (not much fun cranked into a corner at 120km/hr and finding out that you don't know which way is up !!), all sorted now, turned out to be some sort of weird eye condition that freaked my brain out because my eyes couldn't cope with seeing the helmet in my peripherally vision and objects at a long distance at the same time, a lot of eye exercises and I’m as good as new.

Anyway poor GOOF(that's what my mate called her because the 600F sticker kind of looks like it spells GOOF) is in need of a lot of TLC to get her back into road condition, I'm currently riding a 2006 F650GS Dakar, which is great fun, but doesn’t have the poke of the CBR.

My first issue was the tank got a lot of surface rust internally and the petcock filter collapsed which let a whole lot of rust into the fuel system and the carbie,3 cleans and a ultrasonic bath later and I finally got her running again, blows a lot of smoke and needs a tune, so I hope some of you guys/ gals with be able to help with a bit of advise, but I'll post in the appropriate forum later.

Zardoz

Old 12-18-2007, 08:18 AM
Default RE: Giday from Oz

Good to have you with us Zardoz.

And Im glad to hear that you over came your (weird eye disorder). Ya beast.
Im sure your gona like it here. Everyone here will have some kind of input. We have a lot of knowledgeable guys here that should be able to help if you have any tunning problems.

GOOF will be in my prayers. ahaha

Old 12-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Default RE: Giday from Oz

Hello & Welcome!!