New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Fuk the DMV!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *** the DMV!!!!!

So today, Im trying to do the right things needed to be legal....Ive had my bike for 2 weeks now and heard from a friend that in Texas you dont need a motorcycle license, my regular drivers license is all I needed. Well, decided to verify online and ofcourse that was bad information. I go to the DMV this morning......I need to take my truck and bike over there so the woman can "road test" me while following me in my truck.....WTF!!!!!! 1st of all, I cant even LEGALLY ride my bike to the DMV and how the **** am I supposed to get both truck and bikeover there??? Anyone have a magic transporter I can borrow??? I promise i'll have it back by the end of the week. Stupid ****'n laws.....[:@]

Old 08-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Default RE: *** the DMV!!!!!

heard from a friend that in Texas you dont need a motorcycle license, my regular drivers license is all I needed
You really believed him?

I think u need to talk to someone who is in chargebecause following you in your own POV seems rather outrageous..

Old 08-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/msb/dl-8.pdf

R
OAD TEST AND WAIVER
I
NFORMATION
In order to take a road test, applicants
must have their own motorcycle
and provide a passenger vehicle
and a licensed driver to drive
the examiner during the road test.
The vehicle owners must show
proof of liability insurance for both
vehicles and must pass an on-site
safety inspection. This test will be
similar to that described for passenger
cars in the Texas Drivers
Handbook.

Old 08-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Banned

Texas is now whackxas. You need to find a buddy that rides to take your bike to the DMV while you follow in your car. Then he has to drive the tester while you ride around????? That sounds easier than doing a figure 8 in an area the size of my bathroom. Whatever the case is, good luck with the test and good luck finding a buddy that doesn't need to work that day.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:15 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Texas is now whackxas. You need to find a buddy that rides to take your bike to the DMV while you follow in your car. Then he has to drive the tester while you ride around????? That sounds easier than doing a figure 8 in an area the size of my bathroom. Whatever the case is, good luck with the test and good luck finding a buddy that doesn't need to work that day.

First off. Your friend is a moron. Texas requires a motorcycle license. I dont know any state that doesnt.

Second. You can ride your bike up to the DMV and have someone follow you. Yes you have to provide you own vehicle. You'll do the computer test, then they will have you outside with your bike. Then the instructor will point to parts on your bike and you have to name them. TAKE YOUR TIME ON THIS. If you get one wrong they fail you and you have to wait a day before coming back to try again. I know it sounds dumb but your brain can go to **** and forget (ask me how I know).

Make sure to get some old cop. They seem to be the most laid back ones. I had a lady the first time and was a complete bitch. Got an old cop the next day and we just went around the block and that was it. I was legalized now. I went 6 months without a license.

NO M LICENSE IN TEXAS IS AN AUTOMATIC $300 TICKET. Again. Ask me how I know.

So $15 license fee vs. $300 ticket. If I could go back in time, I'd choose the right way.

Also the vehicle you bring needs to be up to date on tags and they do inspect the car just like the bike. So dont bring a clunker.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:16 PM

O ya. They dont drive your vehicle. You need someone to drive it for them and they sit in the passenger seat.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:49 PM

Holy ****!!! They never mentioned I need to bring someone to drive my vehicle as well. ..........I think I rather pay the occasional $300 than jump through their hoops like a retarted circuis animal. I loveTexas but the DMVcan go *** themselves.I apprectiate the info fellas

Old 08-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Retired Administrator

Wow... another reason not to like northern mexico, aka texas.

I would expect something off the wall like this from accross the pond, but in the states... come on. Anyone else wanna go to boston and dump some tea?

Old 08-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All things aside the OP needs to rethink his attitude. The *** the DMV should be *** the friend and himself for believing the friend. The law is the law and since you obviously have the internet it's your own damn fault for not knowing, it's all available with a quick search.

Two words....Grow up

Old 08-27-2007, 08:37 PM

Im sorry becauseim new but righteous people like are annoying. "the law is the law" my be true but dont forget we all pay taxes and are aloud to have an opinion that differers with a bunch of fat white guys in suits and ties that create these laws. Were you a robot in your past life??