New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

First Steetbike 01 F4i

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Steetbike 01 F4i

I should begin by saying thanks for the forum.
Finally got a bike after many years of longing and sleepless nights. I'd hear them prowling on the streets of San Francisco and I needed one. So, I picked up a used 01 black/silver from owner, excellent condition cosmetically, and strong engine, but 16k miles, which I'm concerned is getting to the point where things may need replacing. (of course brakes, fluids, chain, etc. was maintained.)
I'm having a (conservative) blast so far. I've ridden off road motorcycles all my life, took the MSF course etc, so im keen to some stuff but this is a learning experience for sure and some things I'm definitely learning the hard way.
I'll be reading/using this forum to mostly to learn about what my bike will manifest as she ages, plus maintenance, installation of aftermarket parts, etc. so thanks for what's already posted, and any help you'll provide me in the future.

- L

Old 05-22-2007, 04:57 PM
Default RE: First Steetbike 01 F4i

Welcome!

I believe that @ 16K miles, a valve job is recommended.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Banned

Good to have you on the site. As for learning the hard way, you may be able to avoid some of that if you search for a thread named 'newbie mistakes'. There is a WHOLE BUNCH OF THEM. My favorite one is the one with a membertrying to run over pvc pipe, that is a classic.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:19 PM

Hello & Welcome!!

Good luck with it!

Old 05-23-2007, 12:58 AM

That was hilarious. I took your advice (fish) and checked out the newbie mistakes, and sure enough I've comitted almost every single one in the 2 weeks I've had the bike so far. Too bad I didn't join this forum earlier. Luckily it's been a bunch of "all-mosts" for me so far and no significant damage yet. Here's one that isn't on there, but authenticated my newb status:
1. Day 2 on bike, slow-motion ease it down doing a tight last minute U-Turn at a gas station.
2. In an embarrased frenzy, pick it up so hard and fast it starts to go over on the other side.
3. Watch skrawny homeless man, who was walking over after seeing the first mistake, use ultra-crackhead strength to save it from REALLY falling over on the opposite side.
4. Ride away feeling awesome about yourself.

Thanks.

I should probably post this on that "most embarrassing" and "newbie mistakes" threads, ya? Do I get in trouble for duplicating?