New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

First bike, First Honda, New Jersey Rider

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool First bike, First Honda, New Jersey Rider

Hello everyone, My name is Matt. I am 25 years old live in South Jersey and just received my license after taking an msf course last week. Yesterday I purchased my first sport bike. She is a 96 CBR 600F3 with 32k miles, prev owner put new tires on and a new chain/sprockets recently. She rides great, and is super quick, but cosmetically she needs TLC. Front turn signals do not work now (there's a wiring mess up there) and looks like was dropped at very low speed on the left side at some point. But there was a carbon fiber protector over the case cover on the left side that took the brunt and protected the motor really well it seems. Oh and I need to wire a new switch to operate the rear seat lock motors and then time for new brake pads.

Mods: I don't have all the info on her as I am the third owner but she appears to be stock with the exception of a Vance and Hines exhaust which sounds AMAZING.

My plans: This is a starter bike for me, but I still want it to look good. I am looking at some new mirrors on ebay that have intergrated turn signals that look pretty good and look like they will fit. I also want to replace ALL of the lights on it with brand new LED ones. I presume I would need some sort of resistor for them to work correctly. I would like to use an LED headlamp as well to see better at night if possible. I do want a better windscreen, an undertail piece to close it up and finally I would like to fit the 97 and up rear passenger rear handle ( How much of the 2nd gen F3 body work is the same as 1st gen?) as well some sort of seat cowl to cover the rear portion as I am not riding 2 up and won't be for awhile.

I will be digging through these forums for awhile to find out as much as I can. But does anybody here reading this have advice specific to the 96 F3? Recommendations are appreciated. I am super excited to start riding and have begun honing my skills today. Here are some pics.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello and welcome Matt, nice Bike