New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

First bike!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 03:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First bike!

Hey all, I recently was finally able to buy my first bike, a 1993 honda cbr 600f2! I got it for 1500 from a co-worker.. It's got a two brothers exhaust on it, and has 34,000 miles on it.. Good buy? Anyways I'm enjoying the he'll outta this thing.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on your F2! As CBRclassic stated, condition dictates value. However, as long as you're happy w/ your purchase, that's all that really matters.

Be safe out there!

Welcome to the forum.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:35 AM

well i was happy until i found out that the headlight stopped working.. now i cant ride.. anyone know what could be the problem? I've been reading about a possible solder joint disconnecting over time at the ignition switch which causes this particular problem on F2's.. any info as to how to fix said problem is greatly appreciated. i do have the clymer manual but it's not really helping me here..Name:  bike003.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  168.0 KB

Old 09-09-2011, 04:35 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to CBRF

sweet looking bike

Old 09-09-2011, 04:41 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Definitely A good buy! Headlight? Bulb, connection...fuse maybe? How about high beam?

Originally Posted by Demologik
well i was happy until i found out that the headlight stopped working.. now i cant ride.. anyone know what could be the problem? I've been reading about a possible solder joint disconnecting over time at the ignition switch which causes this particular problem on F2's.. any info as to how to fix said problem is greatly appreciated. i do have the clymer manual but it's not really helping me here..

Old 09-10-2011, 08:43 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The ingition switch thing happens w/ F4s too. Sometimes it just sticks, spray some wd40 into it. As stated above, check the connections & bulb as well. Good luck.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Default Fixed.

It turned out that the starter switch on the rt handlebar was faulty with a bad soldier joint. I ended up splicing the blu/wht and brn/red wires together inside the switch. Now the headlights stay on constantly when the key is turned on. No headlight interrupt when starter is pressed. Problem solved. Am now enjoying riding day and night. Thanks for the commments. There should be a write-up / tutorials section where this problem is stickier because it seems to be a common problem with these bikes.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:57 PM

Post up in the F2 section - you'll get a lot more answers about possible headlight issues.

Bike looks great though! Congrats - i'm sure you'll have her fixed in no time.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:50 AM
Default Sorry to revive my old thread but i've run into a new issue..

Okay so I recently purchased an aftermarket HID kit for my 94 CBR600 F2. I just discovered something strange, when I have the bike started and idling, i switch the high beam on (which is the 8000K HID). And it fires up just fine. Once it warms up it emits a very nice light blue color that is very bright. but once i give it gas the hid stops working.. obviously there is something not right here.. so my question so you guys is this, have you experienced something similar to this with your bike after installing an aftermarket hid kit? if so what do i need to do to ensure the high beam works properly? this is really starting to frustrate the hell outta me.. thanks for ur input,

-jeff