New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

First Big Bike :D

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Big Bike :D

Hi all. Just wanted to show as many people as possible my new pride and joy. I had my first bike "TZR 125" 15 years ago and last year I decided I wanted to pass my test. The Mrs insisted I start at the bottom again so I bought a new "YZF-R125". Been riding now for 10 months and passed my full test in February. I wanted to move up to an R6 but the insurance companies put a stop to that so I started looking for alternatives. I looked at the ZX-6R but eventually settled on a Honda. I was about to buy a 98 CBR-F when I saw this. Shes an FS2 with 21K miles on her. I am riding it because I couldnt insure the bike I wanted but I think that was a blessing in disguise. This bike is a different world to the 125 world I was in last week. I cant believe I didnt do this years ago. Currently experiencing lots of point and squirt moments and although the 10 months were slow, they have helped me gain bike skils and I am glad I didnt just jump on one of these last year.

Blinding

Old 05-27-2010, 05:58 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oooohhh, she's a beaut!! Great find blinding, congrats!!

Nothing wrong with starting out small and working your way up. I guarantee that you'll be enjoying that 600 a whole lot more than someone who hopped on one before they were ready.

Swing by the F4i section with any questions/comments that you may have about new baby and enjoy the forums.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a very nice F4i, man, congrats!
Yeah, pretty big difference from a 125. You're right about taking your time to move up, tho. It really is the best way to do it.

Welcome to the CBRF and enjoy the show!

Old 05-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ah that is a nice bike man. Welcome to the Forum. A big change for sure all
I'll bet !!!!