New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Finally took MSF course!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 02:28 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally took MSF course!

congrats ! and yes its worth every penny. im suprised whenever i hear other ppls horror stories about the msf class. no one in my class failed (12 people) no one crashed. no one stalled. i was really supirsed because 10/12 ppl had never even been on a bike before.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:33 PM

Except for the fact that we took the class in 104 degree weather in long sleeves and jean...the course was a lot of fun. Most of the people in our class had to experience and one lady was really short and couldn't keep the bike up...she kept dropping it and one time it got away from her...she dropped out of the course.
But the rest of us all passed. It was a good feeling and quite informative! Only problem I had was I put my foot down during the figure 8 in the box! Oh well...other than that...PERFECT!

Old 07-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, there at 4:30 I'm assuming in the morning, too early for me.
Congrats to you both!!

Old 07-11-2007, 09:51 PM

Great way to start riding!! Get the feel of the bike and the road and go back for the Advanced class. It amazed me what they taught me I could easily do that I never dreamed of before. The percentage off my insurance payments also helps!!
We had guys in the class that had been riding for as much as 40 years and came out of the class greatful that they'd attended. I thought I was good on the bike...the sweetheart of an instructor made me look real baaaddd. I'm glad I went!

Old 07-11-2007, 11:32 PM

Oh man that course is fun! Out of the 9 people in my class, no one dropped out. Two people laid their bikes down trying to stop while turning. The last day when we were doing the slalom around the cones, while I was waiting in line a woman rear ended me and about threw me off of my bike. Other than that it was really fun. Did they do it on the Buell Blasts? I almost want to buy another one of those little bikes and use it to try tricks on.[8D]

Old 07-12-2007, 08:43 AM

Yea I loved my course. I only had it in 95 degree heat (sounds nice compared to 104), this past weekend. I had a real small class, only 6 people and only one mom dropped out because she just felt really uncomfortable. The only mistake i made was during the quick stop i go too excited and brought the rear wheel to the break point, but other than that i had no mistakes. I loved getting to scrape the pegs on those light gs-250s!!

Anyway congrats on ur course and see you on the road

Old 07-12-2007, 10:47 AM

MSF class is the best way to get a license and training if you have never rode before.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:45 PM

Definitely not 4:30 in the morning...that would be crazy...in the mid-day sun...SUCKED...but was SO much fun. We're going to go back and take the advanced course...my husband has even talked about us being rider coaches, which I think would be a lot of fun.

Old 07-14-2007, 12:48 AM

ORIGINAL: sirkus

Oh man that course is fun! Out of the 9 people in my class, no one dropped out. Two people laid their bikes down trying to stop while turning. The last day when we were doing the slalom around the cones, while I was waiting in line a woman rear ended me and about threw me off of my bike. Other than that it was really fun. Did they do it on the Buell Blasts? I almost want to buy another one of those little bikes and use it to try tricks on.[8D]
Lol, I don't know about all that. The second something like that happened here you went home. Our class only had 2 blasts. I'm surprised to hear of so many classes being significantly smaller then the one we were at. We're in Surprise, Arizona (the class was in Gilbert) so maybe we just have more riders due to MMI being out here. I'm starting to feel like the 600RR is a little small for me already. I think I'm going to give it a few more months to really feel it out before looking at a 750+.

Oh and the 4:30 AM thing... just bring a few Monsters with you.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:43 PM

They'll do it with any type of bike. The instructor even said she'd use one of our bikes to demonstrate any move we select. No one took her up on it, cause she was so good that they
d feel embarrassed if she did a manuever and they couldn't. You know, our typical male ego thing!!

Quick Reply: Finally took MSF course!