New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

A few questions about buying a new bike...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few questions about buying a new bike...

Hi guys. How's it going? I'm a new member here and I have a few questions about buying a 600RR.

1. I was looking at the 2005 models and the 2006 models. I was wondering what the differences were? Is there one that I should get over the other? Should I wait for the 2007's?
2. Another question is that I was wondering what a fair price would be buying new from a dealership for a 2005 and 2006 RR. I will be financing this bike. What are the usual finance periods? What is the normal interest rates? I have an extremely good credit score but I also want to see what is reasonable in the motorcycle industry.
3. I'm 23 years old and have a steady job so paying for insurance, gear, and the bike should be no problem...but I have no idea what the monthly payments would normally be around. I could put about 2000 down right now.
4. Do you guys know of any good deals in the CA Bay Area? If so, please reference me...I"m quite serious in this purchase.
5. I have taken the MSF course btw so I did have some riding experience. However I was told that sports bikes are a totally different beast then the 250CC stuff that we rode in MSF. What things should I look out for?

The main reason that I wanted a bike is because I always wanted one when I was a kid. However it was something that my parents would not allow. Now that I'm living on my own, I can decide what is best for me. Thanks a bunch guys!

Old 08-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Default RE: A few questions about buying a new bike...

welcome to the forum!

1. 05-06's are the same. not sure about 07's... will have to wait and see. i'm curious myself.
2. brand new RR's here sell for $7644 out-the-door.
3. payment will depend on what your final price will be. $2k down will help A LOT
4. don't know about the Bay area but hopefully another member will
5. the 250's are NOTHING like the RR's you're thinking about getting but it's great that you took the course

best of luck in your quest! if this is your 1st bike... have you considered a used RR?

Old 08-09-2006, 03:03 PM
oNi

I havent rode any new bikes so I cant really answer your questions but for question 5 I can tell you that sportbikes are definitely a different beast than the 250's from the msf class but being you took the class and got previous experience you should be fine adjusting, just take your time with it and get used to it before going crazy with it and your good to go. But like CBR04 said, a used RR isn't a bad idea and would save you money from financing and having to get full insurance.

Welcome to the board!

Old 08-09-2006, 10:14 PM

Hey guys. I have considered a used RR but the problem is that I can't slap out 5k for the bike at one time. I could put down 2k and finance the rest. I mean, if someone is willing to sell me the bike and let me pay them back incrementally, that would be ideal. But those type of deals never happen so I am looking to get a new bike instead. Does anyone know what the usual interest rates are for bikes? I was on Honda's site yesteday and it ranges from 12%-22%. That is just crazy. I have amazing credit so I would expect the lowest interest rate possible...however, the lowest possible is whatever the dealership decides to give me. Such a headache especially after work. The funny thing is that I already got all the gear. Am I crazy for putting it all on sometimes and pretend I'm riding? LOL

Old 08-09-2006, 10:22 PM

Oh, btw guys...I live in CA Bay Area. If you guys know of any deals around here. please let me know!

Old 08-09-2006, 10:56 PM

i do not know about ca but in ma all dealers have used bikes

Old 08-10-2006, 01:19 PM

Hello & Welcome!!

1) Difference - Price, buying a leftover will be less $$.
2) Nj sells them for like $8,500.00-$9,000. You can talk them down, especially since we have friends there...
3) Depends on the downpayment.
4) Can't help there.
5) Look out for your itchy throttle hand....

Old 08-10-2006, 01:52 PM

Nessel, Have you looked at a credit union yet? You will pay around 8% or so if your credit is as good as you say. Don't go through Honda their rates are rediculously high. Also take a look at craigslist in your area http://sfbay.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/...min&maxAsk=max good luck...

Old 08-10-2006, 02:01 PM

HEY...........AND welcome!!!!

Old 08-11-2006, 02:40 AM
Mad

1. Not much difference btwn the 05 & 06 that I could figure out. Not sure about the 07.
2. 05F4i around 7k in San Diego I believe they tried to give the 06 for 9k. Rough estimates as my memory is toast...
3. Depends... my credit union offered a 5.9 so I'd say if you got an 05 F4i for 6k (after 2k down with room for error) out the door you are looking at maybe 100.00 for 60 months. That is an extremely rough guess. sorry. Some places offer a 80 month deal. I don't think that is a good idea.
4. sorry don't know any deals
5. Be careful of taking any corners too fast. While I was taking the MSF course the bikes were extremely light and our speeds were relatively slow so it gave me the illusion that cornering was a piece of cake. They told us the #1 reason for single motorcycle accidents are new riders taking turns to fast...

BTW after I got my bike I played in the parking lot next to my house ALOT so that I could get used to corning, turning, etc. I might of looked stupid but I think that I learned alot of cornering and turning techniques. Beside I think I got a little more comfortable on my bike.

Quick Reply: A few questions about buying a new bike...