New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Fallen Marines

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fallen Marines

I was wondering on a quick poll. Of the people who ride here in southern california/orange county area. How many would be willing to do a ride for the Fallen Marines of the 5th Marine Regiment. You see rides for everything else. You can say it would be a donation to the families of those who lost their sons in combat. So please just give me your input on whether you think that would be cool or some other ideas. If you wondering my status I am a Staff Sergeant ( e-6 ) in the Marines. Been in the infantry the whole time, we are the ones that bring the fight to the enemy. So thats why I ask to do this. All I ask is for some input, ideas or just plain help. If you see a man in uniform, tell him thanks. Thanks for the support.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:25 AM
Default RE: Fallen Marines

I live in the area and would be interested. What kind of details are you thinking about? How would this be a donation to the families?

Old 12-09-2005, 03:33 AM
Retired Mod

im not in the area but i think that it is a great idea to honor those who have lost their lives protecting us.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:45 AM

If any donations that we may be attained would go to either a building a memorial for these Marines or I would give it to our Regimental commander to give to those families. There also some other charities that help out diabled Marines/Sailors/Soldiers that may need some support. By all means Ladies and Gentlemen I am all ears for some ideas. I thank those who replied I see there 18 hits but yet not everyone could of found the time to write something. Oh well. Take care and Semper Fi.

Old 12-09-2005, 10:38 AM

Great cause. If I was in Cali, I would be all over it. Good luck setting everything up.

Old 12-09-2005, 11:39 AM

heck yeah count me in bro

Old 12-09-2005, 06:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry I can't ride with you guys over there. Please....fellow members and riders alike....show love to those fallen heros. I too am a Staff Sergeant in the Marines and would love to see this thought become a reality. We have a group over here called "BB's". They ride all the time for such causes. It'll be good to see the Honda family show love like this. Rev those engines...where you at!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-09-2005, 07:25 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Around here they have a ride every time a celebrity type farts sideways so to me supporting a fallen heros family is a worthy cause. Try finding a registered charity that'll distribute the funds -- gives the ride more legitamacy and is easier to get donations. Good luck!

Old 12-10-2005, 12:15 AM

This is going to be my first like big ride ( i hope ). I would love as much as I could get. Since this is my first time, if anyone out there knows how to get together rides like this. It would be a help to point me in the right direction. I think was sparked a fire under my *** is you see all these harley poker runs and other rides, but nothing really geared toward us the sport bike era. Maybe we should do a poker run, hmmm maybe a cannonball run would be nice....HAHAHA . Ya right. Myself I got injured over there so thats another reason why I ask. HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN!!!!!

SEMPER FI
MARK

Old 12-11-2005, 01:39 AM

as soon as my bike's back (hit and run last weekend) i am good to go !

Quick Reply: Fallen Marines