New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

f4 or f4i???

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f4 or f4i???

Hey guys, new member here. I'm seriously thinking about getting a used 600 cbr, but can't decide whether it's worth the extra cash for the f4i rather than the f4. I know about some of the main differences (the ones listed in the wikipedia article): fuel injection, lighter components, new dash layout, different fairings (though I think both look pretty awesome). Be specific, given the same condition of the bike, would you pay $500 more, or $1000 more etc for the f4i over the f4?

I would mostly commute on the bike, but maybe do a track day once in a while (have been planning on doing one, but too embarrassed to try on my current slow-*** ride). I also ride 2-up fairly frequently, if that matters (I heard the f4i has a higher passenger perch, not sure if that's more/less comfortable).

Thanks for your help! [sm=thanx.gif][sm=thanx.gif]

Old 10-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: f4 or f4i???

really wont save that much between the two unless you go after one of the last year models offered for the F4i. And the F4 doesnt have lighter components lol. If you dont mind working with carbs the F4 is great. If you never have nor want to deal with carbs get the F4i. What ya see n the EFI is the main difference. I dont think a F4i is any faster than my F4, just maybe a lil smoother throttle response.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: f4 or f4i???

If you've never worked on a carb before I'd go with the F4i. Although the F4 is just as good of a bike. Good luck