New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

f2 new member

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f2 new member

Im 24 and a tech at the local ford dealer love my bike and am here to talk with other bike lovers and see the cool stuff thats been done

Old 06-22-2016, 02:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the best CBR forum on the "net". F2's are awesome bikes, and F3's also (they're basicly upgrades F2's). One of the coolest things you can do to your bike is take it to a track day. Back in the early to late 90's if you werent on a F2/F3 you were racing for 2nd place in the 600 class. Which is amazing considering how relaxed the ergonomics of the bike were and steel frame. Its a great all round bike, comfortable for long trip, and blistering fast on the track. They are so much more than the sum of they're parts. Where are you at? Maybe there's a track close to you.

Last edited by coalminer frank; 06-22-2016 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Xcitement 711
Old 06-22-2016, 02:28 PM

I live in south eastern WI. And what im even more curious about is are there any race training clinics in my area. I need training and armor first? Right?

Old 06-23-2016, 12:59 AM

As far as I know, a track in WI is Road America in Elkhart Lake. You dont have to be a racer or a wanna be racer to take your bike on the track. There is track day organization all over the country. They will divide all riders into different groups Novice, Intermidiate, and Advanced/Licensed Racers. They all pretty much have coaches, also called control riders. They follow riders and have riders follow them, have classroom instructions etc. Coaches also make sure your not being an idiot/dangerous. Its all controlled and supervised. Bike has to be clean/not a POS. You need full leathers, boots, gloves, newer helmet, etc. Its a little expensive, but if you consider the cost of a speeding ticket and your insurance going up, I think its a bargain, especially when you think about the fact that you can go as fast as you want or can, without worrying about cops, traffic, some teenager texting while driving swerving into your lane etc. Not to mention if you do make a mistake there almost nothing to run into at the track if you do crash. No curbs, no trees, etc. Lots of room if you run off the track. So its easier to concintrate on your riding. I drive over 3 hours to a track, do the 2 day combo, camp at the track, etc. I ride with Roger Lyles Motorcycle Xcitement. Google seach it and check out his site. That will give you a little more insite.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:56 AM

Thanks for the info iv heard some guys at work mention Road America but didn't realize they had open track days. Now I feel 5 again can I go can I please. LOL And id hope that your bike would need to be in good shape. Iv worked some long hours to make sure mine is so hopefully they don't have some rule that says I need frame sliders or safety wire. Looks like its time to consult the all mighty google lol. Thanks

Old 06-23-2016, 08:11 AM

Some trackday organization require safety wire, no antifreeze, some dont. It also might make a difference which group you're in. Pick up a RoadRacing World magazine, they have all kinds of ads, should be able to find a trackday org. in there thats close to you. How bout posting some pic of your bike. We forum members looooooove pics.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:20 PM

If im not mistaken i have attached it correctly.

AND ITS UPSIDE DOWN HOW DO I ROTATE IT

Attached Thumbnails f2 new member-new-improved.jpg  
Old 06-23-2016, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator
Received 310 Likes on 254 Posts

Oh man, your brand new bike and you've already managed to get it upside down.....
:-) I like that shade of green.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:09 PM

LOL right no its a 93 and iv owned it since June 2012 and still love her. But seriously how do you rotate pictures on the forum?

Old 06-23-2016, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator
Received 310 Likes on 254 Posts

Honestly I don't know. I've had the same issue before and never figured it out.

Quick Reply: f2 new member