New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Easy!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Easy!

Quick hello!

Newbie to it all really... Passed my test after a quick intensive zero to hero in December and just bought myself my first bike this weekend - 1997 CBR600f and I'm made up!! Only ridden her the once, sent her off for some TLC from a friend who does detailing so looking forward to riding her again!!!

Enjoy the banter on a good forum so looking forward to becoming a member.

Speak soon!!

Old 01-27-2014, 07:43 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the boards! You have yourself a classic 600 there. Lots of information on here on how to care for her. Hope you have lots of happy miles together

Old 01-28-2014, 03:33 AM
Welcome Crew

hi and welcome
congrats on passing your test and your 600f, that is a good choice of ride, where abouts you from and get some pics up when you can,

Old 01-28-2014, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the CBR Forum Mafo,

The F's are - in my humble opinion - the best of the bunch!

Cheers, SB

Old 01-28-2014, 04:38 AM

[HTML]http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/JasonDaily/media/image.jpg.html][/URL]/HTML]

Old 01-28-2014, 05:22 AM
Welcome Crew Technician
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome. Now life can really start Its pretty much one of the best feelings of freedom and such to ride a bike. There is definitely some tips and things to do to the bike when you first acquire it. Make sure you give some areas of the bike a good once over and even replace some things before you get her going. Sometimes we do not know all of the service history, but when dealing with a bike 15 years or older you may need to replace some stuff.

Oil, and oil filter. Chain and sprockets. Coolant fill/flush. Brake fluid check. Spark plug check and possibly replace. Its good practice to replace unless you know they are recent. Check clutch cable tension. Examine fork seals. Wouldnt hurt to run a torque wrench over a fuel bolts. Tires and tire pressure.

That should get you going. Get yourself a shop manual such as a Haynes, or Clymer, or just grab yourself a digitial copy of the service manual for your F3. You can download here http://stephygee.com/F3manual.zip

Cheers.

-Poss

Old 01-28-2014, 09:38 AM

Welcome to CBRF... That is a very fine example of a 600F... Very nice... Glad to hear you passed the test and will out on two for the foreseeable future... Enjoy the site... Plenty of good folks on here...

Old 01-28-2014, 10:21 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to CBRF! That is one clean and beautiful F3.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:14 PM
Old Skool Welcomer

Welcome to the forum, that's a very nice F model, is it low miles?
It certainly looks in immaculate condition. :-D

Old 01-30-2014, 06:48 PM

Pah! Waiting for my posts to be moderated is frustrating !

She has actually done 40k! Full service history and appears to have been well looked after. I'm really happy with her. Not ridden for one week since I picked her up so will be collecting tomorrow and taking out for a leisurely "get to know" ride for the first time.

Next service is due in July but I plan to change the oil, oil filter over this weekend and run through some fuel cleaner and decent grade fuel to remedy where she has been sat for a couple of months unused.

How long will my posts be monitored for before I can get stuck in asking some questions on the other sections of the forums folks?...

Quick Reply: Easy!