New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

DuhRaven...

Old 04-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DuhRaven...

Hey, howzit? Been elsewhere for a couple years, dealing with overwhelming odds. Nothing worth writing about, just good vs. evil, you know, that old chestnut. No computer for years, now. Am at friends house, using theirs. Bike still on trailer, can't afford insurance. I took a ride when I first arrived in Virginia, with out of state plate, expired registration, suspended license, and no insurance. When I got done, I dismounted and said to myself "That was stupid, don't ever do that again!" Just like all my stunts.
Anyway, gotta leaky front fork seal, from stowing bike on trailer with tie-down straps tight. Learn from my mistake(s).
So, I'll see you around. I should be riding soon, and have a computer. I'll try to keep my posts like a short skirt.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome back.

Hang in there. Get squared away & get back on the road soon.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:39 PM
test account grande

Glad you made it thru the evil and back to the boards! Good luck getting your paperwork back in order.

What model and year is your bike ... there may be someone here with fork tools that'll work. The cartridge forks are a breeze to work on with the special tools!

Old 04-28-2012, 10:05 PM

Hey, Test...
"Maevis" is a 2006 model, CBR1000rr, bone stock and all black (the fastest color!). I got info on another thread, indicating the approx. cost of having the dealership do the work, and it makes me consider doing the work myself. With the money I could save by doing the repair myself, I could well afford the tool(s). I'm told a "hammer" can be fashioned from PVC pipe, for example. In any event, I won't be spending a dime on anything for the next 57 days. My ex-wife is relocating to New Mexico, with our son, and I need every penny to pay for my own relocation to same.
Thanks for the offer, though. You are most kind, and reflect the highest level of friendship.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:53 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry bud, test is me Was changing some settings for our welcome crew members and had to make sure the usergroup worked.

But ya, the offer stands. I had an '04 1kRR and have the official cartridge tool and seal tools. You are most welcome to borrow them when you get ready. Makes the job very simple. I think the '06 had the same basic mechanical parts but got a fairing makeover.

Good luck with the move. I have a move coming up in a few months and I do dread it.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:42 AM

Chain! Man it's been too long.
I know the '06 was a "new" redesign at the time, but I'd have to unpack some old paperwork to see if the fork was one of the things they redid. I doubt it.
Like I said, Maeve is going in the shop anyway, for the recall of the stator (Battery not charging, but I got good at push-starts.), and a tune-up. I've historically saved a few bucks on labor costs when I bundle repairs or modifications. Ironically, I'll be going to the dealer I bought her from originally.
It's good to be back, I tell you what son. How's the Mawfaki Nation doing? Been looking at some of my old posts---what a noob I was!
Hope you and yours are doing well. Nothing against Virginia, but I'm friggin' THRILLED to be going home. T-Minus 56 days and counting for me. I got an apt. lined up, and am filling out job applications for my arrival. I can't wait to be Rippin' again.
When I get settled in, I may take you up on the offer of tool use, and pay for shipping. You all make it sound eezy-peezy, and I would like to get my hands dirty. This place is a great resource for many things, some of which are motorcycle related__lol.
S'Later, G.

"Never argue with a woman holding a monkey wrench"__Anon.

Search this Thread