New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

do your mandibbles get crushed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 08:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do your mandibbles get crushed?

so... this might be a silly question but... riding my '07 cbr600 can get quite uncomfortable if i don't sit on it right [:'(].... forget hard braking that slams me into the gas tank, just sitting on the damn thing is already an exercise in tolerance....

anybody have any advice on how to... be more comfortable?

Old 08-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Default RE: do your mandibbles get crushed?

Well that would answer your own question...youre not the right fit....slide back off the tank and use your legs to grab the tank to hold you back on the seat...it takes awhile getting used to shifting your weight around on the seat...but if you just got it and finding it uncomfortable ....maybe just maybe a sportbike was your best option...

Old 08-07-2007, 12:22 PM

hum.... i guess it's too much to ask for a seat that's immediately awesomely comfortable in all situations.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:48 PM

Well i had a Corbin on my 03 and it seemed comfortable but when i got my 06 and sat on that seat...i found that i may have spent 230 dollars for nothing....dont sweat it..just focus on the ride and do alot of it and your body will adjust...

Old 08-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Banned

The 07s are supposed to be more comfy than than the earlier ones. There area few freaks out there that like the ergos of a sportbike (you know who you are), but if you can't sit on that bike for an hour, you may have to think about modding it for comfort.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:01 PM

When I first got mine it was uncomfortable but now it does not bother me. Give it a little time and you probably will not even notice it.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:51 PM

You just need to get use to it. Give it some time you will.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:08 PM

ORIGINAL: TurtleKing

so... this might be a silly question but... riding my '07 cbr600 can get quite uncomfortable if i don't sit on it right [:'(].... forget hard braking that slams me into the gas tank, just sitting on the damn thing is already an exercise in tolerance....

anybody have any advice on how to... be more comfortable?
Weird. When I am braking so hard my body is tempted to slide forward, I am usually white knuckling, stiff-arming the handlebars and gripping the tank with my legs.

One of the great things about the RR is the incredibly narrow seat up front and the wide seat in the back. To keep myself comfy for longer I shift from sitting forward in the seat with my weight on my crotch to sitting back on the seat with my weight on my arms and butt. In the forward position I can get almost upright and with wind helping me stay upright, I have almost no upper body exertion.

But, in your case, you seem not to have the typical saddlesoreness of most riders. You didn't mention them specifically, but judging from the title and your sheepishness, I am guessing you are having problems with your *****, wracking yourself against the tank. Honestly I don't know how you are doing it. Unless there is something anatomically unique with you down there, all I can say is that most men do not have your problem, and your huevos should be able to accomodate you. Honda would enjoy poor sales otherwise. Experiment with different riding positions.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:58 PM

Wear a cup.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:10 AM

I had the same issue when i first got on my 07, but now i dont even notice it anymore... i actually like the riding position of my rr, its comfortable...

Quick Reply: do your mandibbles get crushed?