New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Do I belong on these forums?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I belong on these forums?

Hello all! I go by Manny, or Chiwen (your preference). I am actually very new to riding. My father and brother have been trying to get me to get on a motorcycle since I was about 16 years old. That was eleven years ago haha.

Well they have finally succeeded. My thoughts on the whole thing? BOY WHAT FUN I HAD BEEN MISSING!! There really is nothing at all like the feeling of the open air and wind rushing past as you zoom down the road! Though I am still very "green", having only ridden for about 3 months now or so, I am loving every moment of it, and taking all given chances of riding time! I will admit that I do still get nervous from time to time, road jitters and what not.

This leads to my point. My family convinced me to ride by buying me my first bike, a 1979 Honda cb750k, 10th anniversary. It is about as close to mint condition as I would expect for a 32 year old bike, and then some. This thing is clean as a whistle! I will share pics later tonight, that is if I am in the right place.

I do realize this is a forum for the Honda CBR bikes, and my bike is a little different, but I believe it is the direct predecessor of the CBR line? Basically what I am asking is if I am in the right place to talk about my bike, and converse with others about theirs. Or if I am in the wrong place and my bike is too different to be relevant.

Either way, Ride Hard and Ride Safe brothers! (and sisters :-})

Manny

Old 08-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard Manny! Yes, of course, you are welcome here. Although the forum is obviously oriented toward the CBR, there are many of us that have other bikes in addition to the CBR...myself included. So join in!

Don't worry about those new rider jitters, they'll go away as you gain more experience & gain more confidence in your abilities. Have you taken the MSF Course? Many of us recommend it to all riders. The course hones your abilities & teaches fundamentals for technique & safety. If you haven't already, do yourself a favor & check into taking it in your local area.

Great that you have family to help you & boost your riding spirit! You be safe out there as well.

Good to have you w/ us.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You don't even need a bike to be welcome here, Manny. It helps.... but it's certainly not necessary.

The CB series bikes are definitely different than the CBR, but they're still inline 4cyl hondas and I don't know of any large CB forums. If you like the place.... then by all mean stick around.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:33 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Nice family you got.... welcome to cbrf

Old 08-11-2011, 03:52 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the CBR asylum - plenty of mad people here
Make yourself at home - plenty to see . I have a CB750C as well as my 1000F - my wife rides it, and a great bike. Put up some pictures of your bike, and jump right in !

Old 08-11-2011, 05:21 AM
Banned

No. Leave.

kidding

Old 08-11-2011, 06:01 AM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to CBRF

Old 08-11-2011, 03:30 PM

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

As for the MSF class, I will be taking it here in a few weeks, taking it along with my brother, even though he has been riding a bit he figures he may learn a thing or two. My road jitters aren't nearly as bad as they were when I started off, but they have changed a bit. For the most part I am fairly comfortable riding now, but for whatever reason sometimes when I hop on my bike I feel nervous, like impending doom is on it's way. Hard to shake sometimes too. :P

I am indeed very blessed to have the great family that I do, and do my best to not take them for granted, we are a very tight knit fam over here!

Here are a couple pics of my bike. Ignore the cigarette butts lol, I haven't gotten around to sweeping up here in a couple weeks :P. Also ignore my goggles on my handlebars >.<

Old 08-11-2011, 10:51 PM

beautiful bike!

Quick Reply: Do I belong on these forums?