New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Dirt bike to cbr954rr

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2020, 02:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dirt bike to cbr954rr

So basically I just want to hear what other people think so for my first ever dirt bike I bought a crf450r basically the biggest dirt bike you can by and i was told I was gonna kill my self just about every day well I never looped the bike laid it down or anything and now I’m looking at my dream bike cbr954rr for my first street bike and having ridden a 450 dirt bike with no issues I’m very confident I can ride a big street bike I’ve always been able to have a lot of self control and not push myself outside of my limits on big bikes or big machines in general for example I’ve been driving around a 1971 chevelle with 1200 hp and haven’t had any problems. So basically what do you guys think of my desicon

Old 05-01-2020, 08:31 PM
Welcome crew
Received 212 Likes on 191 Posts

There is no right or wrong answer and, really, not knowing your riding style, experience, or maturity level, any answer is completely based on assumptions. How long did you ride the crf? A week? Several years? Not wrecking or looping is no where close to being really good with, and understanding, the bike. Now, if you are mature enough to learn the bike and get proficient (or, even better, get really good) at low speed maneuvers, braking, and throttle control then the jump shouldn't be a problem.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Samson
There is no right or wrong answer and, really, not knowing your riding style, experience, or maturity level, any answer is completely based on assumptions. How long did you ride the crf? A week? Several years? Not wrecking or looping is no where close to being really good with, and understanding, the bike. Now, if you are mature enough to learn the bike and get proficient (or, even better, get really good) at low speed maneuvers, braking, and throttle control then the jump shouldn't be a problem.
thanks for the reply I had my dirt bike for about 2 years and I was able to slowly learn the bike enough to push it to it full limits and I think a lot of people go wrong by hopping on a big bike and thinking there invincible and I plan on practicing VERY hard on slow moving maneuvers not only to pass my motorcycle license test but also for my own sake

The following users liked this post:
Doc Samson (05-02-2020)
Old 05-02-2020, 11:00 AM
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

c'mon!!! Get the 954RR!
It is a fantastic bike and I assume you don't stand on the edge of a cliff every night considering jumping. Therefore I assume you don't want to die.
If you keep that in mind you can ride whatever you like no matter how fast.

Old 05-02-2020, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by chris0986
c'mon!!! Get the 954RR!
It is a fantastic bike and I assume you don't stand on the edge of a cliff every night considering jumping. Therefore I assume you don't want to die.
If you keep that in mind you can ride whatever you like no matter how fast.

so I got the bike today not gonna lie was a little nervous but as soon as sat on it I felt right at home the bike is actually very tame obviously it picks up and goes but it dosent wheelie or throw you around at every touch of throttle like my cr450r did so I’m extremely happy and my confidence has definitely gone up not gonna let myself get cocky tho

The following users liked this post:
Doc Samson (05-03-2020)
Old 05-03-2020, 03:01 AM

WARNING!!!!
IT WILL WHEELIE IN FIRST AND SECOND GEAR!

seriously, when I made a hard pull once when it was warm the front wheel came from the ground.
Another time when it was cooler I felt my rear tire slowly wiggle searching for grip in second gear at 160km/h

At low rpm's the bike is really nice and forgiving, but after 7k rpm.....it is beastly

but do enjoy the violence

Old 05-03-2020, 09:28 AM
Welcome crew
Received 212 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin Gannon
so I got the bike today not gonna lie was a little nervous but as soon as sat on it I felt right at home the bike is actually very tame obviously it picks up and goes but it dosent wheelie or throw you around at every touch of throttle like my cr450r did so I’m extremely happy and my confidence has definitely gone up not gonna let myself get cocky tho
Yeah, sport bikes are like the inverse of dirt bikes re: torque, almost like an 80's turbo Porsche where there is nothing... nothing... no- H-O-L-EEEEEY S-... well, you get it. As Chris noted, 7-8k is where things get... interesting. Just take your time! Nervousness is good as long as it doesn't translate into "tense".

Enjoy and keep your head on a swivel! Traveling at hyper speeds can give you tunnel vision... lol.

Old 05-03-2020, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by chris0986
WARNING!!!!
IT WILL WHEELIE IN FIRST AND SECOND GEAR!

seriously, when I made a hard pull once when it was warm the front wheel came from the ground.
Another time when it was cooler I felt my rear tire slowly wiggle searching for grip in second gear at 160km/h

At low rpm's the bike is really nice and forgiving, but after 7k rpm.....it is beastly

but do enjoy the violence

I haven’t really had the space to open it up to about 7k 8k but I have gotten close and I’m feeling the bikes every move feeling for that wheel to lift I’m almost trying to wheelie it a little so I know what it feels like instead of it surprising me on the highway at 60mph

Old 05-05-2020, 08:39 AM

That is great. I can really respect someone who can do a good wheelie.
I don't dare to do it myself because I don't want to risk falling at high speeds.
I hope you will enjoy the bike as much as I do, because to me it is really a great bike.