New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

A different bike...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 12:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A different bike...

*** Please tell me the section to put this in, i wasn't sure if i should put it in the 1000rr or the 600, or what. So i just chose this one ***

Ok, so, I've already done my intro and hello's in here. But, you can still consider me a noob.

So, i recently posted in the riding skills forum about picking up the pace. That's all fine and dandy and has a topic of it's own.

But, I think i'm getting mixed emotions about my bike? I mean, i KNOW i bit off more than i could chew getting a 1krr as my first bike. It was like my 1 cardinal rule, and i broke it. Anyways, I've been using it primarily as a commuter and a few joy rides here and there, nothing serious. But, my question is, would you guys recommend "downgrading"?

I mean, the thought of swapping it for a 600 doesn't seem like such a bad idea, and seeing as how, i'll probably never do anything to push a 600 to it's limits (much less a 1000). But i would like to hit the track (a lot) and i know that 1000's (especially 04/05) are just a bit.......klunkier... on a track than a 600. They are more fuel efficient, and just a more popular(?) bike in general.

Anyways, more of your time wasted... There's more on my chest, that i just can't put into words right now, because it 2am and i have work in 6 hours... But when i think of it, i'll edit.

TL;DR Should i just stick with the 1000rr as my first bike? Or Would you guys recommend "downgrading" to a 600. Or would the differences in my usage and style be too minuscule? Or would I regret "downgrading" in a couple months?

Last edited by Susa; 07-07-2011 at 01:06 AM.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep it. There is a good chance you'll regret it.

Why not buy a cheap F4/F4i and convert it into a trackbike? You can get a basic setup to start off with and upgrade it/swap parts and you progress. An idea perhaps?

Old 07-07-2011, 09:56 AM

If you want to do some serious track time get a 600. They're lighter and easier to muscle around - your average or above average rider will get better times out of a 600 usually and will force you to be "fast in" if you want to be "fast out" the turns and theoretically make you a better rider.

That's my .02c

Old 07-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I stand by the comments I made in your other thread... https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-ridin...7/#post1075634 .

You should have continued the conversation w/ this post, in that thread.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:18 PM

Is there a way to merge the 2 posts? Although, it's probably unnecessary now, i got others opinions and it pretty much put my mind at rest. Sorry about that

Old 07-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No worries. Its all good. ;-)