New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

a crashed cbr

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 06-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Registered Users
Default RE: a crashed cbr

first, you have to tell us the price...HOWEVER...looking at that...did you check to see if the frame is cracked and or dented...have you checked the forks...looks like the tank is dented....that stator cover is pretty rashed up too...

i don't know, that could POSSIBLY be a LOT work....the pictures are small so i can't tell enough, but that might be some money to get back to tip top shape....

Old 06-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Registered Users

here's your images in the post too, make things easier

Old 06-26-2008, 12:17 PM

i am gettin it at 4.700 euro
and its a 2007 modell with 6.ooo kmh

Old 06-26-2008, 12:23 PM

also i don't know a lot of bikes this will be my first.can i ride it without the plastics untill i fix it?

Old 06-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Registered Users

oh if this is your first bike, i would stray away from that, it will take quite a bit to get that back to good shape...there are a lot of things that will need to be looked over before getting that....

typically you can ride without plastics, there are naked bikes all over...the issue is that you need to know the frame is good, the forks are good...and i can't tell but the clipons might be bent, you're going to have to check for fluid leaks etc....what you got there isn't just cosmetic....at least it has the very real potential to be more than cosmetic....i would bet looking at that straight away, if you were to try and get that back to "new" shape...you're going to be putting in about $1500 USD...(lol which is now like what...$750 euro [8D])....

either way for your first bike, you don't need to get new or even perfect, but a wrecked bike is not something i suggest you start on...

Old 06-26-2008, 12:56 PM

thanks my friend but the point is tha the bike is in germany and i am in greece...i don't know what to do....the only i have is the photos...the guy said to me that he 'll send more....the bike is an import from usa....when we spoke to the guy he said that the bike is good just scrathes and the front plastics.german dealers don't lies i have experience at that...thanks for the help i'll try to bring news fast......
looking forward to be cbr 600rr rider

Old 06-26-2008, 05:12 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

4700 euro!!! hell thats about 5500 i'd walk the forks are bent, the tank is dented the raidator is fubared..

tahts a lot of money for a messed up bike, my roommate just bought that same bike with 600 miles for 7k MINT 100% perfect.

walk away tahts way too much,

maybe for 3k if the frame is straight and the motor runs but not much more then that, it's a lot of damage.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:00 AM

Good job on looking for a Used bike as your first bike, thats a smart decision. As for this bike, it's going to require quite a bit of money to repair to "new" status. From just the pictures this is what I saw damaged and here are some rough prices from memory.

Both Headlights: $400usd
UpperCowl: $220
Tank: $580
Clip-Ons: $?
Stator Cover: $60
Rear Cowl: $190
Radiator: $?
Meter Stay: $60
Air Duct: $160
Mirrors: $60
Upper Mid: $200
Upper Mid: $200
Mids: $400
Lower: $200

Now what I can't tell from pictures: Frame, Forks, Rims, SubFrame, Triple Trees could possibly be bent and these are your expensive items. I'd say be patient and keep looking. You're on the right track tho.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:46 AM

i wouldn't get it... it's a bit much even tho it's a newer generation cbr, it's not worth putting all that money into something that is so damaged.

Quick Reply: a crashed cbr