New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

CBR125R (2013), Sweden

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 01:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up CBR125R (2013), Sweden

Hello

I'm a 31 year old driver from Sweden, currently studying at a university so despite having a full license I went for the CBR125R, extremely economical bike that gets 80 - 100 MPG.

My previous bike was a Yamaha XS 400 (1982) that I got after taking my license 2008, mostly for starting my career and having a cheap bike that I would not mind doing rookie mistakes with.

Glad I did, never had any serious accidents, but I did drop it two times and had some issues with slippery roads. Also a classical bike is dirt cheap to insure in Sweden.

The CBR125R is more fun, has better response and even a higher top speed than the old 400, so the downgrade turned out to be an upgrade. Granted the XS had 30 years of wear and tear, so I'd assume it was far from its peak.

I drive about 140 km (est 86 miles) a day, 5 days a week so the mileage adds up quickly. The mileage on the bike means I have to fill her up twice a week, but it's still cheap. Used to go by train, but I was late to much, switched to the bike and have not been late once.

Does take a bit of mental strength to drive in rain and cold. Around zero is my limit, at this point. Considering driving next winter, but I will need heating for my hands and feet so that is something I'm currently looking at.

Have switched the lights to LEDs, except the dashboard and headlight. I did not buy new indicators, instead I ordered LED bulbs on eBay as replacement for the original bulbs. Also replaced the position lights with really powerful LEDs, they will really help me get noticed on the road compared to the crap original bulbs. And the license plate bulb and read/break bulb was also replaced.

Waiting for a headlight/high beam LED bulb (H4) that a friend will give me soon as he mounts his Xenon bulb on his bike.

Looking for instructions on how to dismantle the dashboard so I can replace the current bulbs with LED's, I bought a set of 10.

Enough about the bike.

I like in Helsingborg, Sweden. South-west part of the Scandinavian peninsula, right across from Helsingør, Denmark.

I study at Malmö Högskola so thats where the commuting is going, thank god for free parking at the university and at home I have indoor parking.

In a bit over 1 year, I will have a double degree in business economics with a progression in information systems and business systems with a progression in computer science.

I do record my driving and publish on youtube, but this is not the place to market that, if you are interested feel free to PM for a link.

Goal bike would be something like the VFR1200, or a pure touring bike like the ST1300.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:41 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome Canicus... post up a picture of your bike!

Old 03-26-2014, 03:40 PM
Welcome Crew Technician
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, if it works for you then its perfect. Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you really can benefit from the distance you travel. Glad to hear you are enjoying it. How do you like motovlogging?

-Poss

Old 03-26-2014, 10:21 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to CBRF! I'm sure someone in the 125 section or general tech section could help you with dismantling your dash. Also, there's Youtube and your manual. Good luck!

Old 03-26-2014, 11:19 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hej och välkommen till forum! Du kan köpa elektrisk handvärmare från en butik som säljer snöskoter utrustning.

My whole swedish knowhow squeezed in one sentence no idea is it 100% right... but yea anyway you can get sort of electric mats that go under the grip rubbers. They're not overly expensive, here across the pond a Dice Hot Grips- set costs 33eur at Allright.

If you ride so far in so cold, take extra care not to let ANY of that breeze in your lower back, a few years ago I managed to freeze my back one morning in a similar trip, the next 11 days were pure hell, could not straighten myself and standing up from a seat hurt like f***!

Can't help with the dash, only fooled around an ns125r years back but I'm sure with a little digging the info comes across in the net somewhere.

We also do have a few swedish members as well, for instance Migge and his f2 project, and kakel_anders just joined the ranks with a 1000f hurricane if you wanna look em up.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:42 AM
Welcome Crew

hi and welcome , glad your enjoying the 125, make sure you get over to the other model section to say hello and have answered any questions you have, and lets see some pics

Old 03-28-2014, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the CBR Forum Canicus,

We have a few members from up your way (and further north ). Great little bike the 125 and both myself and Mrs SB have fornd memories of riding thousands of kms on them.

Enjoy your time on the forum.

Cheers, SB

Old 04-06-2014, 05:25 PM

Welcome to CBRF...

Old 04-15-2014, 04:54 PM

This is not pictures of the bike, but it is a CBR125R in action during some heavy congestion. (Please note: Filtering is legal in Sweden)

Old 04-16-2014, 01:06 AM
Official Glory Detailer

Welcome canicus !! Your video looks fun . Ride safe!!

Quick Reply: CBR125R (2013), Sweden