New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

CBR at sowoff.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR at sowoff.com

hey..does any one own the CBR ...man they r so cool...

thanks,,,

Last edited by xbow; 09-22-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:50 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Welcome to CBRF

+ =

Old 09-22-2009, 06:11 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fresh marshmallows coming up.............toasted !

Old 09-22-2009, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
WTF??

mate ... a member name with a url to one question ??

nup ...your a dead man one chance to reply and explain ...or its the torch for this thread .. and this is a limited deal ...so be quick ...LOL
i need the info on the latest 2008 Honda CBR 1000 from u real CBR fans, since I m new to bikes...do u recommend it or not? i m planning to get one..

Old 09-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nah~we'll keep'em

i need the info on the latest 2008 Honda CBR 1000 from u real CBR fans, since I m new to bikes...do u recommend it or not? i m planning to get one..
No, not for a first bike. The 1000RR is crazy fast and unless you've developed proper riding techniques, it's going to get you in trouble; BIG trouble. We've seen a few guys come and go who bought brand new sportbikes with little or no experience and crashed within a week. Some, even the same day, and those were just the ones that were able to post afterwards.
Are you in the military by any chance?
My advise would be to take the MSF Basic Rider course and get an older 600. You'll eventually be able to extract a lot of power out of one of those, more than you need in the street. Heck, in the twisties, a 600 will outrun a 1K, but not in the straights, lol.
That's my I'm not trying to demean you in any way, just that there's a right & wrong way to go about this. You sound like a young fella and should have the rest of your life to be able to ride a motorcycle.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Incognito
No, not for a first bike. The 1000RR is crazy fast and unless you've developed proper riding techniques, it's going to get you in trouble; BIG trouble. We've seen a few guys come and go who bought brand new sportbikes with little or no experience and crashed within a week. Some, even the same day, and those were just the ones that were able to post afterwards.
Are you in the military by any chance?
My advise would be to take the MSF Basic Rider course and get an older 600. You'll eventually be able to extract a lot of power out of one of those, more than you need in the street. Heck, in the twisties, a 600 will outrun a 1K, but not in the straights, lol.
That's my I'm not trying to demean you in any way, just that there's a right & wrong way to go about this. You sound like a young fella and should have the rest of your life to be able to ride a motorcycle.
that is really good insight..thanks for the heads up...

Old 09-22-2009, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Ok ...your thread live's on .. lol

1000RR as a first bike ... yer ...well you asked ...so the quick answer is no !!! unless you are one wizz bang natural on a bike ??

Read the 1000RR boards and look at the specs and write ups that are found all over the net ...
Just use google to search for it and you will be buried in info...
if everyone went to google to get the info, forums like these would never have existed..so u should be thankful, i did not google it...!!