New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Cbr 600 engine sounds horrible and clicking sound

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cbr 600 engine sounds horrible and clicking sound

Hello I知 new to the forum and need some help diagnosing a issue my cbr 600 f4i is having , my motorcycle starting making this sound on my way home from work the other day , it also shut down on me but before that I had a loss of acceleration . Any info is appreciated

Old 03-23-2018, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cbr600tony
Hello I知 new to the forum and need some help diagnosing a issue my cbr 600 f4i is having , my motorcycle starting making this sound on my way home from work the other day , it also shut down on me but before that I had a loss of acceleration . Any info is appreciated https://youtu.be/DIPOH6vUZ68
Alittle more info . The bike has a little over 21k miles I am the second owner it痴 a 2001 model . The bike was abused before I got it , it is my first bike and a week ago while parked the kick stand sank into so wet dirt and tipped the bike over , ran fine after that just some white smoke the day after it feel .

Old 03-23-2018, 10:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a cylinder has dropped. That rattle tapping Noise could be a valve spring broken too just my thoughts bud but I’d be having obgood look at the top end for sure.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Rhondasoulsoothinghonda
Sounds like a cylinder has dropped. That rattle tapping Noise could be a valve spring broken too just my thoughts bud but I壇 be having obgood look at the top end for sure.
Thank you for your response ! if I can trouble with a little more info has to if that痴 the issue , is something like that a expensive repair ? I知 horrified of shop prices , hearing a lot of stories about that .

Old 03-23-2018, 10:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly I’m not sure on cost of valve replacement bud. I’m sure other on here will have more info on it that have way more knowledge than I do

Old 03-23-2018, 11:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pull the plugs...the missing cyl(s) should be apparent by looking at plug condition. Next up: compression test.

Does sound like busted valve spring. I'd pull the cam covers and see (and check the cam timing as well).

Old 03-23-2018, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by EchoWars
Pull the plugs...the missing cyl(s) should be apparent by looking at plug condition. Next up: compression test.

Does sound like busted valve spring. I'd pull the cam covers and see (and check the cam timing as well).
Thank you for your reply ! Is that something Hard to do , I don稚 really have any mechanical experience besides changing chain or am I better of taking it to a shop?

Old 03-24-2018, 12:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you feel 'mechanically challenged', a shop is probably the best bet. I don't see a way to avoid a deep-dive into the engine here, though I'd love to be wrong.

Got somebody you trust?

Old 03-25-2018, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by EchoWars
If you feel 'mechanically challenged', a shop is probably the best bet. I don't see a way to avoid a deep-dive into the engine here, though I'd love to be wrong.

Got somebody you trust?
No I知 still fairly new to the scene , though I just met a fellow rider who was telling me about a shop he goes too so I might go and try that out . Well I am because I知 already feeling mentally ill being off two wheels lol

Old 03-25-2018, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Cbr600tony

No I知 still fairly new to the scene , though I just met a fellow rider who was telling me about a shop he goes too so I might go and try that out . Well I am because I知 already feeling mentally ill being off two wheels lol
wish me luck ! I already got the KY in hand either day haha with the nightmare of shop prices

Quick Reply: Cbr 600 engine sounds horrible and clicking sound