New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Another New Nova Scotian

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another New Nova Scotian

Hey all. I just posted in the new memebers section but as a reply to the post saying to introduce myself, so I thought I'd make one as a thread.

My name is Jesse. I am 20 years old from PEI but living in Nova Scotia for the past 3 years for university.

I own a 2000 929 fireblade of which I will post some pictures of when I get the chance. I dreamt of owning this bike since before I had even rode any bikes, as it was my uncles who got a HD about two years ago while I was outgrowing my beginner bike, a 2003 Ninja 500. There was only a $600 difference between trade in prices so I jumped at the chance to make it mine. I have never owned a car which I do sometimes regret in the winter or when buying things larger than I can fit in a back pack.

I have dropped my bike once while parked but it has gone over a couple more times since Ive owned it, only once while in motion when my father told me to let his friend try a brake burn, which followed with a wheelie, which followed with him buying me some new parts for my bike. Althought I hate to see harm on my bike I actually laughed because the guy busted his lip open on the windsheild from the wheelie and lost his shoe in the process. The burn and wheelie were pretty good and I think my pops has some pictures of the burn which I could post too.

Most recently I parked my bike at my schools library to use the computer to look for jobs and then on my way home I noticed the right mirror was bent inwards and upon getting home realized that someone had knocked it over, scratching the mirror, blinker, handlebar, paint, decals and exaust. Unfortunatlly there is noone to foot the bill for the repairs. So it remains scratched until who knows when. As a student I do not have the money eat let alone fix the bike, but eventually I plan to get around to it.

As for upgrades to my bike I have done nothing other than replace the parts from when my dads friend dropped the bike on which was in the same location that had been knicked when I dropped it. I have a N-W-S Carbon Fiber hugger on it that I think my uncle put on...I don't believe it was stock, he also put on a tank bra. I have been told by his kids that he has a steering damper for the bike that he never installed but they said that I should ask if I could buy it from him, even though I think that I should be included with the transfer of the bike, seeing how he is not going to sell it or use it on his. I dont know if I need it but I may work up the ***** some day to ask him to give it to me.

In the future I would really like to upgrade with a tinted windsheild, new exhaust, fender eliminator, a better seat, nicer turn signals, tankslapper instead of the bra that has been on since day 1, and fix up all the scratches on the right farrings. I have no clue if I will ever get any of this done becuase of my cash flow situation. Perhaps get a car, and keep the bike and work on it over the years...I dont know I just don't see getting very much of this done with out winning the lottery, so I wonder about trying to get some cheap stock items to fix the crappy parts so that I can work on getting the larger upgrades like the exhaust.

This post is pretty long now. Ill end it here but try to get some pictures to post this weekend.

Jesse

Old 07-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Default RE: Another New Nova Scotian

Hello & Welcome!!

Old 07-27-2006, 08:36 PM
Retired Administrator

Welcome to the forum... how do you like living in new Scotland? Spend much time at the liquor dome?

Old 07-27-2006, 11:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He might being 20 ... but man that place seems to get nastier every year

I remember a few nights ending up there - and never did we leave there without a good story.

Which school? I'm around Halifax most of the time...

Old 07-28-2006, 09:54 AM

Yes I have been to the Dome many times. Its not the greatest place but you can't beat free cover and dollar drinks on Wednesday nights.

I go to Dalhousie during the school year but I am also working for them at the moment. If your ever around the Dal Arena during the day you could see my bike. I used to park it at the library but thats where it got knocked over... so I don't park it there anymore.

I'am heading back to PEI this weekend and will get my camera so that I can post some pictures of the bike so that everyone else can see it too.

Jesse

Old 07-28-2006, 10:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm down on the other campus... not been to that gym for ages... can't beat a motorcycle at Dal for the free parking.

Old 08-02-2006, 12:05 PM

Here are some pictures of the scratches on the various parts of my bike from when someone knocked it over. Hopefully it will work and I will post some pictures of my bike in the photo section.

I am new at this forum posting thing, so I don't know if the pictures will work right away.

Jesse

[IMG]local://upfiles/9748/0207CABDFAA94153BDE7F7499A7AACFD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/9748/C02D749C501245639B2B4066259BFD27.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/9748/F20195C6465A4546BCC52C9976270F48.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/9748/506FDDF7BA0F477E84F91278BC8CF14B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/9748/C04A7543145D4416A89087E6A74BA544.jpg[/IMG]