New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

another guy with an f4i

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another guy with an f4i

hey, im steve. i work as the parts manager at a large honda dealership in canada if anyone needs any oem-level help with anything.

beginning of the year bought a seemingly healthy f4i from a coworker. this is a low budget project for sure.

bone stock besides a k&n panel and some really crappy flushmount signals that didn't work, as far as i can tell.

it had obviously dropped a few times, glued back together, and painted flat green.

EW

bike by Steve, on Flickr

i couldn't deal with that green paint.

i stripped the body down, scuffed and painted it on my lawn in about an hour with walmart brand rattlecan flat black.

filled the busted stator cover with jbweld and painted it too, to match the fairing.

ripped out the flush mounts and got some really cheap chinese shorty signals, which are super bright for not being LEDs. also some leftover 'for show only' frame sliders to plug a hole in the fairing.

looks horrible up close but really good from a distance..

20150610_124112 by Steve, on Flickr

hacky install of used zx14 yosh tri-oval with 600rr midpipe from a friend's shop. the exhaust hanger is hastily fashioned from a broken brake lever and a hose clamp.

20150610_124131 by Steve, on Flickr

love the bike so far, it's a great beater.

threw an ape tensioner in there too, the cam chain was pretty noisy, also a new chain as the old one had never been lubed, some new grips, and some track-used 2CTs. it's cleaning up really nicely.

this winter it's due for a look at the gearbox, it seems to like jumping out of second (but not very often). still can't figure out if it's my shifting style, as sometimes i shift really limp and i can just rail on it and it wont jump out, then i do a nice firm shift and im feathering the throttle in traffic, and it kicks into neutral. im concerned that it's a bent shift fork.

Old 07-03-2015, 03:45 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi and welcome steve, the f4i looking good, make sure you go over to the f4i section to say hello, you may find your called upon as a Honda parts manager