New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Another FNG

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 03:03 AM
VMC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another FNG

New rider and new owner of the 2003 954 w 11k pictured below. I'm about 30 days away from making it home and becoming acquainted with her. Hopefully i will get to take some better pictures as these are the ones my wife has taken and she really only sees fit to take good pictures of her bike and send them to me.I've been stalking the posts for a few days now soaking up all the knowledge many of you have to offer. Counter steering, do's and dont's, cornering, and the list goes on. I got my owners manual and i am about half way through twist of the wrist II. Lots of great info all over the forum glad i found it. So this is my first question on the road to many. Whats a guy got to do to get some permissions around here? lol. I was trying to get a photo album going and it told me i wan't cool enough yet. I And now on to question 2. I plan to attempt to do 90% of my own maintenance is there a tool kit out there that I should purchase or is there a list of tools some where on the forum that i should go out and purchase to get the job done or should i head out and onesy twosie it and build my own if so what should i have in my self assembled kit or be looking for in a prefab one. I've been searching the 954 forum but found nothing yet. Thanks Vic

Name:  Garage.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  22.0 KB

Name:  Bike.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  63.9 KB

Old 03-03-2012, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by VMC
New rider and new owner of the 2003 954 w 11k pictured below. I'm about 30 days away from making it home and becoming acquainted with her. Hopefully i will get to take some better pictures as these are the ones my wife has taken and she really only sees fit to take good pictures of her bike and send them to me.I've been stalking the posts for a few days now soaking up all the knowledge many of you have to offer. Counter steering, do's and dont's, cornering, and the list goes on. I got my owners manual and i am about half way through twist of the wrist II. Lots of great info all over the forum glad i found it. So this is my first question on the road to many. Whats a guy got to do to get some permissions around here? lol. I was trying to get a photo album going and it told me i wan't cool enough yet. I And now on to question 2. I plan to attempt to do 90% of my own maintenance is there a tool kit out there that I should purchase or is there a list of tools some where on the forum that i should go out and purchase to get the job done or should i head out and onesy twosie it and build my own if so what should i have in my self assembled kit or be looking for in a prefab one. I've been searching the 954 forum but found nothing yet. Thanks Vic

Welcome. Most basic maintenance you should be able to do with a good set of metric hand tools. Would suggest you buy or download the shop manual. I did a quick google and found a link for the 954. Free service manuals: Honda CBR 954 RR service manual

I have not tried the link so I am not sure if it is the right one but you get the point.

Pitposse.com is a good on line retailer for some specialty tools as we have used them with our motocross bikes. Have fun with the new bike!

Old 03-03-2012, 11:23 AM
VMC

Thanks I'll check that link out and head on over to that website and check out their tools.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome VMC, stay safe and always wear your gear.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We're glad you found us as well. Welcome aboard Vic!

You should have privileges soon. See this...https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-hel...%2A%2A-133320/

Old 03-03-2012, 10:41 PM
VMC

Originally Posted by gotcbr
We're glad you found us as well. Welcome aboard Vic!

You should have privileges soon. See this...https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-hel...%2A%2A-133320/
I figured as much. Patience it's one of those virtue things right? And apparently good things come to those who wait? So gotta do my time no biggie. Thanks for the info.