New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

ahlo

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ahlo

sup evryone, i have had this f4i all summer now, i got it w salvage title for around 4k,w 6.5k miles displayed, is that too expensive? i mean its too late now but i am curious... also i have done most of my own work on the bike,i found out that hondas REALLY like REPSOL oil, i was amazed when i started running it. i was wondering what to do when my wrists wants to aches so much that it effects other things, i have seen some stuff on ebay with the throttle devise, i guess thats all i can do, i mean i stretch my wrists and all, i was wondering if the vet. riders can give some advise. i rode for a few years overseas on 150s, daily riding, and my wrists NEVER hurt as much as they do recently.. i love the f4i, my Leo Vince pipe sounds great, but i will prob get a PCIII when i can afford to make up for that little (little) throttle lack in between 3-4k. i picked up a nail the other day on the rear tire, thankfully it wasnt when i was 120+, i couldve died, but does around 200 for tire and service sound about right to you guys? it would be great to get all techy and aska buncha these questions about the bike, but amazingly enough, the f4i i got has run as sound as the first day i bought it. so it doesnt have any probs to talk about, so i really appreciate all the useful info on this site,

phil

Old 10-03-2006, 02:43 AM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: ahlo

Welcome to the forum.

200 isn't bad for rear tire job... is that take the bike to them and they do all of the work or just the wheel? I've seen/was quoted closer to 300 once.

Be careful with the throttle devices. They are meant more for the touring and cruising bikes. The throttle on a sport bike is a little touchier and adding a lever to it can be bad. Not saying you can't, just watch it.

Old 10-03-2006, 05:08 AM

the 200 fig was fer tire n service, the throttle device was not anything i had in mind, i just mentioned it as a dreaded option, i can imagine the probs that could arise with oneah those,gonna try to upload pic of bike now, i will write more if it doesnt show pic..

phil

Old 10-03-2006, 05:35 AM

alright, heres the pic now, like i said, the whole wrist pangs shtuff, kinda sucks, i guess its the price you pay to harness somthin like a bike.i was hoping smone knew something i dont about how to dter that somewhat. how bout that white layout? im not much fer stickers, so this one was the tic, maybe front fender carbon fibre and rear hugger carbon fiber to match the pipe. i jus think crbon fibr will look slic wit the f4is .

phils

Old 10-03-2006, 11:14 AM

Nice flush mounts on the front. Good lookin' clean ride!

Old 10-03-2006, 11:07 PM

You from Chapel Hill, NC? Cuz thats where my sister lives.

Old 10-04-2006, 04:40 PM

yep, i stay just outside of rural chapel hill, im a student.. does yer sis ride? anyone else closeby wanna get up? lifes good here at the moment, absolutely perfect riding weather all month long here, now its time to see what oct has in store...

Old 10-11-2006, 01:39 AM

Hello & Welcome!!

Old 10-11-2006, 03:05 AM

Welcome Aboard .... the wrist thing is a simple issue....do some simple wrist curls with a 10 lb dumbell....this link will answer the question kinda as to why your wrsits are sore...there is alot of twisting or your wrists invloved....
Dont Buy This...Just info on Pronation