New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

is the 600rr safe?!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is the 600rr safe?!?

I'm waiting for my motorcycle to be shipped to my house but when I test drive the 2004 600rr it is too quick. I rode in ninja and it was steady but the 600rr is a beast . This is going to be officially my first bike and I have 100 hour riding under my belt but only have my m1 liscene for 2 months.lol. What ya guys think? should i get a weaker bike that is more approiate for a person that weigh 140 and 5'10. I bought it for 4000 and going to be the third owner with clean title. leave me comment of what ya think. thnks

Old 11-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Default RE: is the 600rr safe?!?

Any motorcycle is as safe as the rider deems it to be.

Ride beyond your comfort level and you'll see how un-safe a motorcycle can be.

Good luck and keep the shiny side up!

Old 11-07-2007, 09:34 PM

Being a newbie, a smaller bike like the ninja 250 would be a better starter bike..The 600rr is a little much for new rider..Search on here you will get a lot of ideas on newbie bikes.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:41 PM

The 600rr is a power motorcycle compare to other motorcycle that my friend rides but I'm not sure if I can handle it. MOst of my friend told me to get a gsxr or r6 instead of the 600rr. rofl. but I already bought the motorcycle so should I ride it till I get comfortable or should I get another bike because the insurance company is ridiculously expensive for a 18 year old T_T.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:03 PM

HAve you taken the MSF course yet? If not take it ,then you will have some pointers on at least how to handle the bike better..But i still recommend a smaller bike..Most peaple believe that bigger is better but in the case of a bike its not..

HAving a bike that is too power full and scares you will actually hinder your learning ..Also check around on insurance ,some rate by the bike and some rate by CC's.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go with a smaller bike. Dont listen to the bigger is better bull crap.\, only fools think that way and 9 out of ten of them end up totaling the bike along with that lameass ego they had.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:14 AM

If you're already having doubts .. Go with a smaller bike if you can get your money back outta the 600rr. +1 on hinding your ability to learn if scared. Also

+1 on the MSF course. You should look into that more before you even try to ride that bike. Great information to be learned.

Starting out on the 600rr can be done but you have to respect the bike.Things that can get you in trouble quickerwith that bike over a smaller bike are things like: throttle control, braking, speed.

If you have the slightess thought that you might be peer pressured into going fast, wheelin, riding outside your skill level then get rid of the 600rr FAST.

But if you're mature and can handle keeping your right wrist in check and riding within your limits then give it try. Take it slow, practice around town, parking lots ..etc.

So it could go both ways but I would definately lean towards a smaller bike if I could get my money back outta the one I just bought. Goodluck and stay safe!

Old 11-08-2007, 07:04 AM
Banned

a person that weigh 140 and 5'10
Eat more.

Now to the other situation, If you think it is too much bike for you, it probably is. As a matter of fact, 600cc (sportbike)is too much for most people (Honda, suzuki, kawi...)that is why there are so many fatalities and injuries, these are not beginner bikes. Maybe some of the older, steel framed F series that are lower on power and much heavier you can safely learn on, but not a new RR.

Most people will say a bike will only go as fast as you want it too and that maturity and self control is required, that logic breaks down quickly in an emergency situation or even when you simply read the road wrong.You have two choices, ride it like a scooter for a long time, or park it and learn on something else. If you start believing you know what you are doing after a few months, that is when you will get hurt. I've only been riding 10,000 miles and I seriously think I am only halfway to being a technically good sportbike rider (even though I am safe on the street).

One more piece of advice, ride alone (or with cruisers)for a long time. Don't ride with better sportbike riders because you may follow them into situations that you can't ride out of (happened to me).

Old 11-08-2007, 07:58 AM

"Safe motorcycles" is an oxymoron if you ask me. You can only decrease the level of danger through proper rider education (MSF course), experience, intelligence, and properly sized/powered bike based on the afore mentioned factors. Don't get over you're head man - heed the warnings and start small. Being 18 you're a "rookie" when it comes to street riding knowledge - both in a car and on a bike. Knowing your limits on the motorcycle ain't even half the battle. It's the knuckleheads on the road that create a huge danger and only through experience can you acquire the skills to increase your survival chances.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:21 AM

its as safe as you are. Watch out for other people and you self. Take your time and take it easy. I'm sixteen and i have an 04 600rr its pretty quick but im trying tot ake it easy

Quick Reply: is the 600rr safe?!?