New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

600RR or 1000RR, same price - which one to get?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 01:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

600rr for sure

Old 10-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TorquetC
CBR1000RR = MURDER ON DEATH ROW. This thing will rip off your shoulders, punch you in the chest, then kick you in the head. AND YOU NEED IT. Oh, did I say it was fast?

On to the stats, I think the 1k weights 10lbs MORE. Oh, and the 600 has like 40sumthing less HP.
my toys, both 1k's. Rollin nutthing slower than a top tier echelon status ONE THOUSANDS!
Thanks man, I needed a good chuckle this morning!! Would read again. 10/10

Old 11-01-2009, 07:50 PM

everyone keeps talking about natural progression and 600's are more than enough. no one here nows you. you have some experience and are smart enough to ask for advice, so also be smart enough to take most of this advice for what you paid for it. try both bikes and ask yourself am i mature enough to stay alive on this thing. if you regularly scare people with your driving or riding and think its cute stay on the 250. right now i ride a 1000rr and a fjr 1300. i like the big bike hit and have become addicted to it. my 30 yo son is an excellent rider and way above me in skill but he has no control over himself. 2 days ago getting on the highway i was on my cbr and he was on my fjr and was trying to keep up. after dragging the muffler hard he was pushed to within inches of hitting the guardrail. i should know better his bike sits in the driveway after being wheelied over at about 100. like Tavis Pastrana he doesn't understand the edge. a 1000 isn't going to hurt you, your behavior is going to hurt you.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by just roy
everyone keeps talking about natural progression and 600's are more than enough. no one here nows you. you have some experience and are smart enough to ask for advice, so also be smart enough to take most of this advice for what you paid for it. try both bikes and ask yourself am i mature enough to stay alive on this thing. if you regularly scare people with your driving or riding and think its cute stay on the 250. right now i ride a 1000rr and a fjr 1300. i like the big bike hit and have become addicted to it. my 30 yo son is an excellent rider and way above me in skill but he has no control over himself. 2 days ago getting on the highway i was on my cbr and he was on my fjr and was trying to keep up. after dragging the muffler hard he was pushed to within inches of hitting the guardrail. i should know better his bike sits in the driveway after being wheelied over at about 100. like Tavis Pastrana he doesn't understand the edge. a 1000 isn't going to hurt you, your behavior is going to hurt you.
I agree with you, but if a rider doesnt have enough experience IMO doesnt have any business on a 1k period. If he just started riding, and started on a 250, then kudos to him for doing it the smart way. I suggestion continuing with that pattern and get the 600 or even maybe a SV650 or something similar. Ride one of those for 50k - 100k then he should be ok to move up to a 1k.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by just roy
I agree for the most part. The thing that concerns me about people wanting to jump from a 250 to a 1000 is why are they considering such a large jump.

Most times when someone wants to jump from a 250 straight to a 1000 they don't have any good reason except too much testosterone. Especially if they never even tried a 600. They may have gotten left behind by their friend and are looking for the quickest way to make them suck exhaust. Or they think they've learned everything there is to know about riding (since the 250 didn't kill them) so can handle anything on 2 wheels. Or they found the top end of the 250 lacking and wanna go 'Real Fast'.

And just cause they're similar in cost doesn't make it a good idea either, I feel.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:33 AM

Thank you for everyone's advice. I really appreciate it! I have only 3000 miles of experience, however I feel that I am ready for a larger bike. How large? I definitely will just get the 600. The only reason I was considering a 1000 was because it was cheaper than the 600...at

http://www.westernhonda.com/

Now that I have made a decision on what I want, I'm looking around to see what the best deals are. Western Honda wants $10,500 out the door which seems like a pretty good deal compared to MSRP, but I feel I can do better, so I will shop around...what do you guys think?

Old 11-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For a brand new 600RR? Pretty sure that's about the price. May drop lower later, depending on your location (off season price drop). And they'll want to rid themselves of as much inventory prior to the end of the year (avoid as much tax on their inventory). Also remember they'll wanna dump the 09s at / before the beginning of the season next year for the '10 inventory

Old 11-03-2009, 12:43 PM

You are 5'10" and weigh only 130lbs? Don't buy a bike, buy some food!!!!!

In all seriousness though, I'm 5'10" 190lbs and I've had 600's and a CBR 1k and the 600's have all been a more fun ride. Lighter, more nimble and just plain fun. I felt like the 1k was trying to dominate me while I was dominating the 600.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Where do you live that they let you test drive a 600RR and a 1000RR? Im super jealous.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:57 AM

somebody should send TorqueTC some gixxer fairings, courtesy of CBRF. just because he apparently is riding the wrong bike =)

Quick Reply: 600RR or 1000RR, same price - which one to get?