New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

2x CBR from Nor Cal

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the forum dude. I started out on dirt and wish i still had my bikes so bad. But i never had anyone to ride with, theres not that many places to ride around here and now im in college so its gonna be a few years before i can get dirty again

Old 12-15-2010, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by hondajunkie
Welcome aboard Mark,glad to have you with us
Great shot @ the Corkscrew
So how does the 600RR compare to the R6?
Inquiring minds want to know ......
Thanks!

The R6 is a great bike. Very confidence inspiring, but it was getting a little dated. It still felt plenty quick to me and did everything right on the track.

The CBR6 is flawless. Seamless power delivery, handles perfect, great brakes, light & small. If anything it's almost too perfect, it sort of lacks some character.

In addition, on the straight aways I've found myself and wondering where the power was and bouncing off the rev limiter quite a bit. I can't hear the motor rev w/ earplugs in.

So I added a -1 front sprocket and it helped a lot. I have a +2 rear sprocket to add as well. I have to use a stock muffler at Seca (noise restrictions) but I'm looking for a slip-on for other tracks so I can hear the engine better and hopefully I'll know when to shift w/o having to look at the tach.

Also, I put Michelin Power Pures on it but I'm not that impressed with them. I'm not saying they are bad, they actually work great. I just think Dunlop Q2's would have been a better choice. I always really liked Dunlops in the past.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:20 PM

Bah my next job / promotion / something i'm moving someplace warm year round with tracks.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Michaud85
Welcome to the forum dude. I started out on dirt and wish i still had my bikes so bad. But i never had anyone to ride with, theres not that many places to ride around here and now im in college so its gonna be a few years before i can get dirty again

I grew up in Suburbia: Palo Alto, in the Bay Area. So I only rode a little dirt as a kid. I got into it again as an adult to improve my street skills. Then I met my wife and she had three dirt bikes. We got married and I moved out to Rocklin which is much more rural and has a lot more places to ride dirt. My Father in law sold me the KTM in '05, an '02 w/ 29 miles on it. We bought a Toy Hauler and we like to go camping/dirtbiking too. I'm thinking about doing the Mystery 250 out in Nevada this next summer.

I'm a huge M/C Roadracing fan as well. I've been going to the GP at Seca for 20 years now. We actually camp there for five days every year.