Ladies Lounge Off Topic Section for female CBR enthusiasts to discuss non-CBR related topics.

Women's Roll Call..... post up!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Women's Roll Call..... post up!!

Welcome Natalie! I just joined a few days ago and didn't see this until you posted...

Name: Sara
Where do you live? Mesa, AZ
What are you riding? 2004 red/black CBR600 F4i
How long have you been riding? Started as a passenger at 15, got a license at 22, my first bike at 25 (now 32)
What kind of riding do you do? Street. Mostly day trips outisde of metro-Phoenix, a little commuting
Why do you love this sport? What's not to love?
How did you get into this sport? Friends got me hooked on the feeling, then a guy I was dating got me to buy my first bike because he got sick of taking me as a passenger (after one long ride on his VFR)What type of bike(s) do you have? CBR 600 F4i
Advice for new riders? Only do what you're comfortable. Don't try to keepup, if you're not ready. Pass boys when you are. Take the MSF course(s).
How did you find CBR Forums? Surfing for a new pipe

Old 11-30-2007, 05:00 AM

Name: Louise, but everyone calls me Lou
Where do you live? Sydney, Australia
What are you riding? CBR 600f3
How long have you been riding? Almost 2 years
What kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc) , mostly city/country, but would love to do a track day.
Why do you love this sport? Feeling free on the bike and the buzz of it all.
How did you get into this sport? My hubby and his parent ride too, after being on holidays, with them riding and me in the car following I thought it looked more fun on the bikes.
Advice for new riders? Always wear your gear, and ride within your limits.
How did you find CBR Forums? A general search for cbr forums.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:29 AM

Welcome Lou!

Old 02-13-2008, 11:47 AM

Name: Marpesia
Where do you live? Dallas, Texas (for the moment)
What are you riding? CBR 600F1 (total classic)
How long have you been riding? A couple of years
What kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc) City
Why do you love this sport? Everything...
How did you get into this sport? My ex wanted a bike...I said sure...I've always wanted one as well. Guess who went through the safety course then gor the license and got the bike?
Advice for new riders? Start small.
How did you find CBR Forums? I typed CBR forums into the google search bar.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:51 AM

Name: Theresa aka High OctaneWhere do you live? Richmond, VAWhat are you riding? 1998 CBR 600 F3 Original paint job - Smokin Joe - I had it repainted in 2006How long have you been riding? Since Cinco de Mayo 2003What kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc) city, country, out of stateWhy do you love this sport? It's such a freedom and is so relaxing.
How did you get into this sport? I never had an interest in them prior to meeting my current boyfriend. He rode me on his for 3 years. I told him I didn't want to be a dang passenger no more and he said if I buy you betta ride it. Thus was born the free spirited, cool kitty diva "High Octane" [8D]Advice for new riders? Yes. Definitely ride your own ride all the time! Don't be bullied into going down curvy roads or into the mountains before you are ready. Try to stay close to the back when riding in groups with bikers you are unfamiliar with. Always always make sure that the biker in front of you knows who you are is going to make sure that you are okay when riding in a group. Always look out for your fellow biker. Choose riding gear that fits properly. Install an airhorn on your bike ASAP. Highway shoulders are dangerous places to be when you are the only one there. Last but not least! Please be a defensive rider. Always be aware of your surroundings and the others that are not aware of you.[&o]How did you find CBR Forums? I was looking for a friends' obituary andfollowed an internet news article forum that had postings with a link to photos on this site.

[IMG]local://upfiles/30292/E21A1AD9A73B40409231183E785DE3DF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-30-2008, 03:13 AM

Name: tanyth but friends call me tayWhere do you live? east london, south africaWhat are you riding? 08 cbr600rrHow long have you been riding? bout a month or twoWhat kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc) done a little off roadWhy do you love this sport? i love to feel the power between my legs....heheheheheHow did you get into this sport? ive always loved bikes since i was little.... never been much of a girly girl.Advice for new riders? well dont have much since i am pretty much a new rider myselfHow did you find CBR Forums? google

Old 10-11-2008, 06:45 AM

I guess this place is perfectly suitable for making a first post
Name: Kelli
Where do you live? From CO, Stationed in KS, currently deployed to Iraq
What are you riding? 1996 CBR F3
How long have you been riding? since 2004 (minus the 15 months out here)
What kind of riding do you do? Street.
Why do you love this sport? It never gets old.
How did you get into this sport? Typicle my ex bf got one, I had to keep up
What type of bike(s) do you have? 1996 CBR F3
Advice for new riders? not if but when you go down, just be wearing the right stuff.
How did you find CBR Forums? Surfing for new fairings via google

Old 10-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Womens Roll Call..... post up!!

Name: Juliet

Where do you live? Cheshire, United Kingdom

What are you riding? 1998 CBR600F3

How long have you been riding? 17 years since I was 16

What kind of riding do you do? Road riding

Why do you love this sport? These days its mainly a feeling of freedom, I love the way a bike feels and responds to my input

How did you get into this sport? My dad was a rider of 40 years and taught me everything ...

What type of bike(s) do you have? 1998 CBR600F3

Advice for new riders? Get some training and learn to counter steer competently, it WILL save your *** (see my sig)

How did you find CBR Forums? I simply cant remember, but I am very happy I found them :-)

Old 10-16-2008, 06:30 AM

Name: PamelaWhere do you live? Vista, CaWhat are you riding? 07 CBR1000RR (tweeked just a lil)How long have you been riding? let's just say since I was 10What kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc) hard aggressive twisties and track daysWhy do you love this sport? ultimate release and rushHow did you get into this sport? neighbor kid had a bike...said girls can't ride cause we are dumb( I proved him very wrong)Advice for new riders? let the idiots go.....ride at your pace.....How did you find CBR Forums? by accident

Would love to meet and ride with any girls in the San Diego area. I ride every weekend...usually a good long one....but sometimes just out to lunch and back....and then tinker around with "Carrie" yes I named my bike(how girlie of me huh?)

Old 12-02-2008, 09:17 AM

Name: Stacy
Where do you live? Houston TX area
What are you riding? 92 CBR F2
How long have you been riding? Haven't actually ridden the Honda yet. It is a work in progress. once it is done, i will be tearing it up at a few school parking lots lol. but i have been riding little dirt bikes my whole life. practiced on a little 250 in a school a few months ago. a professional passenger on my husbands bike (94 zx7). need to take MSF before i do any real riding.
What kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc) street only
Advice for new riders? MSF!!!!! and always ALWAYS wear your gear. dress for the crash.
How did you find CBR Forums? searching CBR on google

here is the only pic i have so far of the bike and me.
Name:  11-30-2008004.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  93.3 KB

Quick Reply: Women's Roll Call..... post up!!