Ladies Lounge Off Topic Section for female CBR enthusiasts to discuss non-CBR related topics.

whats everyones opinion

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: whats everyones opinion

So, yesterday...the neighborhood kids were riding their bicycles. My neighbor yells to the one nephew "...where's your helmet...you came here with one, you wear it." To which he replies, "...I like the wind blowing through my hair." All I could do is sit there and shake my head. He's 6 yrs old.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: woo545

So, yesterday...the neighborhood kids were riding their bicycles. My neighbor yells to the one nephew "...where's your helmet...you came here with one, you wear it." To which he replies, "...I like the wind blowing through my hair." All I could do is sit there and shake my head. He's 6 yrs old.
That's cute but oh so stupid... I remember the innocent days of neighborhood bike races but my mom would NEVER let us leave without helmets and pads... I mean I understand the little boy, but still he might not have hair for the wind to blow through when he has to get surgery on his skull to relief the pressure on his brain after a crash... morbid I know but realistic...

Old 11-26-2007, 06:40 PM

I dont even have my bike yet, so I dont know how much room I have to talk.
But, ive pushed my luck one too many times, I dont think I would be able to go without a helmet.
Its like a seatbelt, it can save you. Too many bad drivers and justflat-out stupid people these days.

I like this an area for just the girls, this is awesome!

Old 12-11-2007, 10:26 PM

The abate members in Florida have made it so that we don't have to wear helmets, but I disagree with it! In fact the lady that was the main participant in changing the law to no helmet died 2 weeks later, doctors say she would've lived if she was wearing a helmet.
Personally I always wear my helmet. I have to admit this last weekend in our annual toys for tots run, I didn't. There was over 6,000 bikes going slow mph and not a very long distance. I would've worn it too, and planned on it but it got extremely hot. No excuse, I know, and I of all people should know better. But I gear up everytime I ride, boots over the ankle, pants, jacket, helmet, gloves... Don't feel safe otherwise

Old 02-21-2008, 03:17 AM

I always wear my helmet, leathers, gloves and boots. No matter what.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:52 PM

I believe in wearing helmets all the time. Helmets save lives! Remember your actions
affect not only you but friends and family, not wearing one could prove fatal as opposed to
walking away with your noggin intact!

Old 03-10-2008, 07:15 PM

No gear = no brains.....

Old 03-10-2008, 08:19 PM

i'm sorry to butt into the ladi's lounge but i hafta comment on this.. i'm and emt in new jersey and for those dont' kno its the person who drives the ambulances. I KNO FROM EXPERIENCE wear the full helmet. i had a pt. last year ridin a big crusier get hit by a car and he was wearin a "brain bucket" and yea a decent amount of his head was left behind in the helmet. he hit the ground and his helmet served ABSOLUTELY NO PURPOSE B/C IT CAME OFF ON THE INITIAL IMPACT. It wasn't a good day for that guy if he still has any days left..it WAS NOT NICE AT ALL. so please don't let anyone influence you wear the full helmet. i've seen people be hit and dispite the full helmet being cracked halfway off their heads that energy from hitting the pavement went to the helmet and not directly to the skull. sorry to be long winded but i see it EVERY SINGLE SUMMER!!! be safe