Ladies Lounge Off Topic Section for female CBR enthusiasts to discuss non-CBR related topics.

whats everyones opinion

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 11:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats everyones opinion

just wandering what everyones opinion on wearing a helmet. just curious to hear what everyones thinks.

my opinion is i am gonna be traveling fast, or long distance travel or in heavy traffic areas i wear one.

Old 07-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Default RE: whats everyones opinion

If I didn't have a full-face helmet on when I got cut off by the car, I would have a pretty messed up face. I wear it, no matter what.

Old 07-20-2006, 02:11 PM

Here in California, it is the law so I have no choice. I think I would wear one anyways though.

Old 07-20-2006, 03:09 PM

When I'm riding a motorcycle, my helmet's strapped to my head. I've seen someone die from a head injury going 10 mph. not cool.

Old 07-20-2006, 05:36 PM

I'm still an AMA member, but it fries me that they put so much energy and money into fighting helmet laws. They're mandatory here in Oregon, I wish it was that way everywhere. Independece-smindependence.... wearing one or not DOES affect your friends, family, all our insurance rates, the emergency workers who have to deal with you, etcetc.

Have friends, were on their way to Sturgis, hit the Idaho border, took off their helmets, half mile later took a turn too wide and crashed, passenger wife hit her head and was killed. No other injuries.

On our Big Trip last summer, met up with a group who'd had one of them go off the road, he was mostly fine, his full face helmet shield was opaque from scaping along the road and his chin bar was broken - his buddy who was also in a full face helmet, said he was throwing away his half helmet he used around town when he got home. That helmet should go on display somewhere.

-Susan
'04CBR600F4i

Old 07-20-2006, 08:34 PM

I dont think wearing a helmet should be an option. Yes it may suck for those days you decide to do your hair. And, it may suck for hot days. But, I would rather have sweat dripping down my face than rip my face off in an accident.

Not to mention, my boyfriend wrecked his motorcycle pretty bad not too long ago. Since then, he has preached wearing gear. So, even if I didnt like it, I would have to anyway.

Old 07-22-2006, 06:46 PM

HELMETS are almost as controversial as POLITICS..... almost. i have heard some heated arguments about them. in my heart i know that a helmet should always be worn. and i mostly wear them , with the exception of riding around the block when i need a bike fix..........

but..............., i am a police officer, and i see alot of crashes. and for the most part a helmet will save your ***.(head). but, i have seen crashes where it would not matter if you have a full body suit of armor on.

so, i am all for helmets. its just when i see the "nasty crashes", my head just momentarily thinks, what the hell does it matter. so, not to be argumentative, i know i should wear mine all the time- even around the block...........PEACE!!!!!

Old 07-23-2006, 01:16 AM

helmets are only required here in PA if you don't have your license....but it really bothers me when i see people without them on...its like not wearing a seatbelt..just stupid...its one of the simplest things you can do to try and save your life in case of an accident...i dont really feel bad for those that get head injuries when they arent wearing a helmet...but thats just me

Old 04-25-2007, 03:24 AM

After losing both my father & father in law in motorcycle accidents, I always wear my helmet. My father's death may have been prevented by a helmet (he wasn't wearing one due to working as an undercover cop). My father in law was wearing one but his injuries were too severe for it to make a difference. Besides, I figure I'm ditsy enough without slamming my head into the pavement.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:45 PM

I always wear one, no matter what. We don't have a helmet law, but I dont want to take my chances. Plus, I love my pink helmet, so I dont mind showing it off

p.s. I am editing this as I just realized that I am logged in under my b/f name. this is suppose to be by nlucas3020...sorry

Quick Reply: whats everyones opinion