Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

When the men get cranky....

Old 06-19-2011, 12:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When the men get cranky....

I tend to have a little problem... And I wanted to hear a little on how other girls handle this. This happen before with my last bike...

I just bought a cbr1000rr. This is my bike, paid by my hard earned money and this bike is respected by me. (its a very powerful bike and needs respect).

I have a man in my life. When I arrived to the Us, I agreed to take a motorcycle riders course with him, because he wanted to start riding, and we did that as a couples thing... I bought my bike right after (my last bike), and was happy riding my bike, it worked properly and was MINT MINT MINT.. needless to say, I didnt want someone who had nill experience riding it. Him on the other hand bought a yamaha seca II. Witch never worked right, it was overheating, revving up and down, clutch stopped working, and after the bike went haywire one day, the engine went bust. (I blame him, because if it was my bike I would not use it before it run right, or else something might break, you know). So now his bike was totally bust. He also fell over a couple of times with this bike.

Now I started feeling pressure from him, can i borrow your bike, can i run to the store, can i take it to my buddies.. sometimes i would let him, sometimes i would not. But here is the main issue: I have at least a year of experience riding div motorcycles (which is not much in my eyes), I have ridden with passengers before, I have been down once alone (and know why it happened).. He has 0 experience. If we where to take the bike somewhere, he refused to ride on the back... He expected me to ride on the back. Which i was very uncomfortable with. I tried it once, he did not respect my bike, he went to fast for his experience, and he popped the clutch once. (thank god my last bike was only 400cc). Needless to say, I never did that again. So every time we was to go somewhere, we now had to take the car, even though it was perfect riding weather. This bull ****t drove a big wedge between us and is one of the many things that is making us calling it quits.

How do you ladies handle this. I know that when he come home the next time (he is away alot) he is going to ask me if he can borrow my bike, now a cbr1000rr. and I'm afraid that first of all the bike is too much to handle for him, and second of all, im the one who has to pay if something happens (medical bills, bike, other car involved). And we cant go to bike night or anything like that, because its beneath his manhood to ride on the back. What would you do? How do you handle it? Would you wing it, and ride on the back and hope for the best?

Old 06-20-2011, 12:33 AM
August 2011 ROTM

I don't have a man in my life so I don't have this problem. My next guy will have his own good running bike and he will have more experience than me.

But my car also means a lot to me. I never ever let anybody drive my car unless they are shop people doing service. Last BF I had, I hardly ever let him drive it, and he knew better not to ask. If I let him drive, that was a treat. He did not want to scratched my rims etc.

Can you talk him into getting another bike of his own?

Old 06-20-2011, 06:46 AM

He is flat broke. He cant afford any toys of his own. And I am not about to supply him with more.. lol... He is a little winy. The riced out honda, was a chevy suburban, which gave up under the poor riding conditions he gave it, like jumping off small cliffs and ****.. (no wonder) Then hes mom bought him a Gmc Jimmy, which someone poored water into the gas tank of. And I put alcohol in there and bought him a fuel filter, and said, car will run fine if you change the fuel filter after one tank of gas. Didn't happen.. so that car runs like **** now.. Practically anything mechanical he ever owned runs like **** after he gets them. Thats why I'm so concerned. I let him ride my car, my last one, a pretty spiced up Mazda. The slave cylinder of the clutch went out of course. I ride under the assumption, you break it, you fix it. I can pay for the part and so on, but you will fysically get under there and replace the part. Never happened, so after a week I was drenched in dot 3 and oil and under there myself. And as soon as the car was fixed, he resumed his usage of the car, like nothing had happened.. He will probably use and abuse my bike. Rev it high high when its cold. And so on. I guess I should be more firm with the next one, lay down the rules from the beginning. (no playing with my toys, lol) But i find it hard when I get those shiny sparkly eyes.. But I'm seeing now, typing this down, that I must be kinda stupid when it comes to this one, and that's not good for me...

Old 06-20-2011, 11:11 AM
August 2011 ROTM

I have many criteria for my man to be, and as I said having and riding sportbike is one of them. I have to add grease monkey...

He doesn't sound like he respects nor responsible...

Old 02-04-2013, 03:16 AM

wow that was interesting. My bouyfriend is car-aholic. And also loves bikes. We got together about a year ago and soon he lost his job. now it has gained up a bit. he has done some small jobs here and there (probably the cause is our location). So things are a bit easing down. He also does not tolerate riding 2 people on bike doesnt matter who is back (df. not him lol). So he refuses to go on a ride with me. Last summer at the beggining we did have some trouble like he wanted to borrow it, but he is quite heavy gas giver expecially when he is not in a good mood or the opposite. Otherwise He drives okay. But after seeing him testing my bike by eyes start to bleed if he asks it. SO we have made cruses to shop as well with a car. Sometimes I get angry cause he wants to keep expences and its a lovely weather to ride so I just putted my foot down and said you can take the car but I am riding. After few months he got used to it and understood my point. He knows I love my bike way too mutch. Besides if he should get caught here on my bike I am getting fined cause i am the only marked user. Now we dont have any problems with in that area. He is struggling hard to get his own bike cause he is so jealous when I go for just a ride So I dunno. Our problems got lost in time.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:47 PM

When I first met my husband all I had was a bike and I loved it. Nobody and I mean nobody ever drove my bike. If we went somewhere on my bike he would ride on the back. If he didn't like it he never said so, he was 6'1" and 200 pounds and I was 5"5" and 115 pounds, I bet we looked odd, lol. We have been married 26 years now and I let him ride my bike only to take it in to get new tires but these days he won't ride on the back, lol. Here is the deal though, he respects his toys and takes good care of them, he also respects my toys and takes good care of them otherwise I would not have married him.

Search this Thread