Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

Saying hello....

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saying hello....

Hey everyone,

Thought I should drop by here and say hello. I am Beth, I have two kids, a boy and girl, 2 and3 (in April). I am primarily a sahm, but I do work about 3 hrs a day 4 days a week at a gym in town (as a trainer). I have an awesome husbandwho inspired my love for riding.I just got a '08 CBR600RRlast week, and so I thought it appropriate to join a CBR forum.
I use to ride a Harley Sportster, but got rid of it a few yrs ago. Plus I figured I would never have time to ride after I had kids. And true I don't have alot of time to ride, but my husband convinced me to get it to save on gas driving to work. The one place I actually go without the kids.

I look forward to hearing your stories, and advice.I already have benifited from the chat about hair knots. I get those horrible when I am riding, since my hair is so long!

Oh hey by the way, any of you know a cheap place to buy the Icon Bombshell chaps? I have the jacket already, but I need some chaps and warmer gloves before I go riding my bike to work at 4:30am! I wish it would hurry and warm up!!

Anyway, I look forward to hanging around and chatting with you all.

Beth~

P.S. any of you riders near Dallas? Just curious.

Here is a picture of my kiddos

[IMG]local://upfiles/24021/6E59DC4634A24250881EF8FBA9C48CE6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Default RE: Saying hello....

Welcome Beth. Great looking kids. My daughter is 18 now and in college. I had her riding with me when she was 5 years. Bought her the XR100 for her 10th birthday and made her learn how to operate a motorcycle. I've been riding for over 30 years.

BTW: The CBR is a MUCH better bike then a Sportster one any given day.

I can't be a help with the chaps, sorry.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:46 AM

i'm sorry, i'm not a girl, but here's a nice seller on ebay who deals icon with good prices
http://myworld.ebay.com/sportbikenee...:X:RTQ:US:1181
i'd ask him or looked at his wares in the store

Old 02-21-2008, 12:39 PM

Thanks for the welcome. Speaking of kids riding, you see how young mine are, my husband can't wait to get them on a bike. Not sure what to think of that.

apkraven, thanks for the link, I will check that out

Old 02-21-2008, 06:58 PM

A few good rules of thumb for young ones being passengers:

1. Old enough to understand the rules of being a passenger.
2. Head large enough to fit in a good helmet manufactures smallest DOT/Snell Approved lid.
3. Can comfortably reach the passenger pegs when sitting in the pillion seat.

My daughter at 5, didn't quite have the leg length to reach the OEM passenger pegs so I added a set.

A good rule of thumb for everyone of course, ATGATT (All The Gear All The Time).

You know the kids will love it.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:00 PM

Oh they won't be on a bike for a long time still. I had always wondered when to know it is the right time. Thanks for the tips.