Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

MSF Course

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSF Course

Hi-

Did any of you girls have trouble in your training course due to your size (being petite under 100 lbs)? Did you practice riding a motorcycle before you took the course?

Old 10-20-2006, 09:54 PM
Default RE: MSF Course

I didn't have a problem. I'm a quick learner and in NJ your actually allowed to buy a 250cc bike with just your permit. So I had a bike prior to taking the class....Have more confidence in yourself, you'll do fine!

Old 10-21-2006, 01:43 AM

where r u from?

when i took the class there were people that had never even sat on a bike. The class is an excellent class in my opinion. and all of the people in the class i was in passed their drivers exam. the bikes they have are small and easy to handle- HAVE FUN!!

Old 11-03-2006, 12:39 AM

I'm one who never rode a motorcycle except on the back of my bfs and I didn't have a problem. Also never drove anything that I had to manually shift gears, either. Passed and didn't have a problem. The bikes are small and easy to maneuver.

The class is definitely a great course to take before buying a bike.

Good luck!!

Old 08-25-2007, 11:08 AM

I took the course and I only weigh 105 pounds soaking wet I didn't drive my bike before the course so I was learning step by step and a bit of problem with the weight of the bike because it was over 300 pounds and I have no upperbody strenght except in my arms but the course was alot of fun learned a lot and have alot of confidence to ride mine. I had problems with starting to move kept stalling after a couple of minutes they showed me what I was doing wrong then I had no problems. The last day of the course it rained the whole day and it was cold so I thought I was going to have problems with the bike in the rain but I didn't. You will have alot of fun on the course I did and I was very nervous the first day to even sit on their bikes I started to shake but after about 10 minutes I lost the fear and really enjoyed it and passed. Good luck I hope you have as much fun as I did.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:48 PM

I just finished the MSF course and I had no problems with the bikes that they provided even though I'm only 5 ft tall even. I mean I'm not tiny, I'm pretty strong and heavy for my height but I had no problems with the 250's they lent us.

The bikes weren't in perfect condition but they got the job done, and I have never ridden a bike before in my life. I passed the class on the first try.