Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

good info on alternatives to lowering

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 05:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good info on alternatives to lowering

hi ladies-
i am new to the forum- and new to the cbr scene. i decided to break down and get the sportbike that i originally wanted but settled for a shadow cruiser. i bought a 97 cbr 600 f3, havent picked it up yet, but i am preparing for it. since i am 5'3" i have put off getting a sport bike due to the size issue. but, i decided funk it- you only live once......adjust!!!!!!!!

i was considering lowering it, but was disappointed when i found out the yr and model i bought will only go an inch, so why alter the bike for that???

then i came to this forum and read your inputs on the issue. i have decided to just get some extra on the boots, and tip toe it out!!!!!

i am from south central pa if anyone rides in that area.

k- cool- cya on the roads

Old 03-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Default RE: good info on alternatives to lowering

Check this thread out on another forum.... They shaved and basically re-built her seat to get her a bit lower to the ground... Taller boots will HELP (and I know there are some SIDI styles that will gain you up to 2" in height), but this might also help:

http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/sh...ght=shave+seat

Old 03-14-2006, 01:28 PM

I'm 5'3" also, and you'd be amazed how much that extra inch lower helps. I've shaved my seat, had an inch added to my boots, plus softened up the springs. Each part by itself wasn't that much, but I can get a solid ball of my foot down on both sides now.

I know folks manage on much less, but I don't think it does anyone's confidence any good to tip over at a light because you can't touch very well (haha, not that I've done that..... well, maybe in the past?).
-Susan
CBR600F4i

Old 03-16-2006, 01:56 PM

Hello and welcome! You will have to post pics when you get your bike!

Old 03-16-2006, 02:29 PM

I'm 5'2" and bought bigger boots. I also got my suspension tuned to my weight and they tightened the spring, dropping my bike a 1/2 inch. World of a difference.

Old 03-16-2006, 03:36 PM

ive been looking up some of the sites you gave for boots, and was wondering if you ever have trouble getting under the shifter due to that thick of sole? just wondering.....

Old 03-16-2006, 05:05 PM

I had to readjust the height on my shift lever for my thicker soled boots, but it wasn't a problem.
-Susan
CBRF4i

Old 03-18-2006, 02:06 AM

IF i had the patience i would consider doing something like that, but knowing myself i am sure i would somehow manage to duct tape and glue myself together (not on purpose!!!lol)

Old 03-19-2006, 12:49 AM

WICKEDROADWARRIOR.NET ALSO HAS A FEW BOOTS FOR THE VERTICALLY CHALLENGED.

Old 03-20-2006, 05:07 PM

I can't tell you how many times it has been stressed to me not to lower the bike. I'm 5'2" and have a 2004 F4i. I bought bigger boots and got my suspension tuned by WCW. That made a world of a difference in how my bike handles. I'm not sure where you are in PA, but if your close enought take a ride there one day.

Quick Reply: good info on alternatives to lowering