Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

Gear

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear

I've been looking around for gear. after being here only a few days i realize how important it really is. so do you all wear gear actually made for women or just wear the guy stuff in your size? i dont usually wear "girl" clothes. im a baggy jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. i was just wondering if there really is any benefit to wearing stuff made specifically for women. i figure if i can find a mens jacket that fits snug, im good to go. right?

Old 03-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Default RE: Gear

My first jacket was a mens. My gear now is for women and I wear more of it. I have my jacket, gloves and knee/shin guards. I will not be stupid b/c I've already learned my lesson once. I was riding down the highway with my man and his brother. I was in the middle and this car came and but in between my man and I causing me to go down. I had just gotten the F4i (not even 500 miles) and I had on capris and sneakers. NEVER AGAIN!

GEAR **** AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-03-2006, 12:08 AM

ouch! leave some killer battle scars?

Old 03-03-2006, 01:01 AM

Unfortunately, they did.

Old 03-03-2006, 08:42 PM

I too wear jeans and t-shirts, not much on the "girlie clothes." Nothing agaist them just not for me. I have a mens jacket, I wear jeans, and Dr. Martin boots. Mostly guy riders around here so the shops don't carry too much chick gear. I like to try my stuff on before I buy.
Pits..that really sucks, glad to see you're ok.

Old 03-06-2006, 02:41 PM

Thanks....it was a man driver who cut me off and men talk their smack about us....HUMMMFFF![:@]

Old 03-07-2006, 03:49 PM

I wear an Aerostich, which is about the least sexy outfit out there....feel like a butch mechanic. Oh well! Have a set of leathers as well, wear them now and then, but have gotten used to and like all the armor on the 'stich.
-Susan

Old 03-07-2006, 05:08 PM

Leather is cheaper than skin!

Old 03-07-2006, 07:00 PM

ive been looking at joe rocket sonic 2.0 jacket, but just online. hopefully this weekend ill get a chance to shop around. yea leather is cheaper than skin, but protecting your body is freakin expensive. anybody know any good closeouts sites that would carry last years line or anything. ive been looking at newenough.com and ebay.

Old 03-07-2006, 07:12 PM

If we're talking MC gear, I only wear "girl" gear. It's not just the sizing, but it's CUT differently than men's gear -- shorter through the arms, smller in the waist, with room for ***** and hips. Also, tends to be designed a bit better (not as bulky) for women.

I have:

Joe Rocket Phoenix 2.0 (mesh jacket)
Joe Rocket Trixie (leather jacket)
Joe Rocket Pheonix Gloves
Teknic Chicane Leather gloves

And SOON to add Power Trip Stiletto Jacket (mesh).

Even my helmet is "girlie" - Icon Alliance "Damnation."

Quick Reply: Gear