The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

What crap have your kids swallowed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question What crap have your kids swallowed?

So yesterday at school my daughter spotted a $2 coin on the ground and picked it up. A couple of her mates were mucking around trying to get it off her so she put it in her mouth to pretend to swallow it. It's only the pretend bit that went wrong. She was a bit worried to start with and I bollocked her a bit that she should know better (she's 11). When I was eating my toast this morning her and the young bloke were trying to gross me out with their ideas for retrieval of said coin. Sifting, sun drying on newspaper and a spoon were amongst the ideas. She said "I found it, I'm going to spend it". Funny kid! Just before I left for work I put my hand on her shoulder and said "any change yet?"

They really crack me up! So what have your lot swallowed?

Old 06-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HA!! That's great, Dave.

When I was little, my older sister took a few of those wire twist ties off of bread bags and rolled them up into pretend coins.
Then she pretended I was a gumball machine, and when she put these make-believe coins in my mouth, I was supposed to hand her a gumball.
I swallowed all three of those ****in' twist ties.
I must say... they looked pretty cool on an x-ray, tho.

I got her back a few years later by taking some plastic caps from my cap gun and daring her to chew on them. lol...
Right after one exploded she just got this weird-*** look on her face, started crying, and ran to our mom.
Ever see powder burns on someone's molars? I have!

Old 06-24-2010, 12:14 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OMG - coffee on the screen again - too good Dylan...........
Off the subject but a mate of mine was at work, and he was playing with a box of Salusa 45 - got a phone call, and he took one out and ate it (he's a young man) being distracted and the fact that they look like smarties, he ate 5 in all. He had a hardon for 24+ hours nonstop.
We still kid him about it today.............

Old 06-26-2010, 10:30 PM

Just a quick....update....on the coin incident. I was outside in the yard when my daughter yelled "Dad, Dad" urgently from the doorway. I though something bad had happened and ran to see. She was laughing her **** off and holding the coin in a tissue. Lots of disinfectant later and it's all good. Now she can't wait to take it to school.

Just a warning to any Aussies out there. If you get hold of a slightly discoloured $2 coin, wash your hands well!!

Old 06-27-2010, 02:59 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

I've heard of 'spending a penny' Dave, but $2???? Things are starting to get a bit too expensive

Old 06-27-2010, 07:11 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya, Dave. She's gonna be hell on shopping when she grows up. She's already developing her expensive taste