The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Video-Labor Day Around the Neighborhood

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice Joe ......loved the Head Cam.........Welcome to the CBRFORUM videographers
club......lol.

Hey very nice area .......horsey country too........s'what I was into until I came over
here .......Thoroughbred Gee Gees........

Anyway ........ that was one hell of a hill I thought I was on a rollercoaster.
Seriously though very nice ........I was expecting a barren burnt up desert
not so ..........pretty cool.

Hey that 2 Bro's sounds raspy to say the least .....might have to grab one
or two of those.......

Congrat's nice run, nice video.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It really is pretty nice. Green and a lot of horses, a little cow crap here and there, and plenty of nice stuff pretty close. I hear they call this the "exburbs" for extreme suburbs. I like it because for the last 30+ years I was much closer in the big city and you would take your life in your hands just getting out somewhere safe to ride. Now its right here. I pull out on my street and can drive on low traffic, two lane blacktop to all kinds of places. Google maps is cool.

As for the house, I just found it empty one day, and nobody has come by to throw me out.

Last edited by JHouse; 09-07-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:31 PM

Nice vid Joe! You're right, that's extreme suburbs! I lived in SW Houston in the late 70's. I might have been out that way a time or three but I bet it didn't look like that then! Really had some great times, the stories I could tell...

Old 09-07-2009, 08:36 PM

As for the house, I just found it empty one day, and nobody has come by to throw me out.
They'd have to try and catch you first and it looks as though they'd have their work
cut out doing just that ......lol

Last edited by CBRclassic; 09-07-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:59 PM

Yep I hear the tune starting already in my head as the posse comes out of the
rocky ravine with their lever action rifles ........... alookin' fer one J House that
feller in that there Texas Sized Homestead ........

we're just jealous Joe is all........LOL

Just reran the video again......... it's cool.

Hope more Guys do it ........ it's great to see where we're all located ....fascinating
really.....even more interesting when you hear us all talking ......LOL
What a diverse group !

Last edited by Sprock; 09-07-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:04 PM

Ok, now you're making me feel guilty. So I must provide TMI (too much information).

For the last 20 years I lived in a neighborhood in West Houston that I picked specifically for the particular schools my kid would go to. The houses were 50 years old and they were built cheap to start with. It was like 20 years of trying to keep an old Fiat running.

Also, the neighbors were, well, uppity for some reason. It's like I was invading their space. Hell, I lived there 20 years and they treated me like a red headed step child. So when the kid went to college, we didn't need the neighborhood any more.

Coincidentally two things were happing. The economy hit the frick'n floor and the houses in the exburbs were deflating while at the same time that old neighborhood was still selling for record prices. So I went from a smaller money pit a brand new custom home.

But the new house was still a LOT cheaper than what I sold the old house for. So much so that the mortgage company asked me to explain why I was "downsizing." HA! Crap to Castle for 2/3 the price. Plus cheaper energy bills and taxes. Also, way closer to my friends and work contacts.

Not to mention motorcycle friendly. Ok, now I feel better.

Quick Reply: Video-Labor Day Around the Neighborhood