The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Video-Labor Day Around the Neighborhood

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video-Labor Day Around the Neighborhood

Thanks Marc,

And now the story:

So I promised a bellycam. It would have been easier to design the Brooklyn Bridge. Got a bunch of packing tape and had to work out how to tape it on my chest (not belly) and keep it vertical. Tried a box and a plastic cup and nothing worked. Decided just to tape it straight to my shirt. Got about half finishing taping and looked down for the tape. Figured it hit the ground and rolled. Looked for a long time before I found it stuck to my back.
Hard to tape it while allowing access to the buttons. Got it done, go out and hit the power and hear the sound. Hit record and take off. Ride all around and hear a thunk. Look down and the top tape came loose and the camera was facing the tank. *&$^*&^#@*. Stuck it back together and drove through the same place, figured I would edit it. Got home. Plugged it in the computer. Discovered that when I turned it on, it was already on, so I had turned it off. All that for nothing. Ok, had to retape myself all up and go again. Everythign seemed to be fine. Came back, cut all the tape off again and downloaded it. Got 12 minutes of looking at my intruments and windscreen. Not a foot of road to be seen. Tank, instruments, windsreen and sky. &^)*%(*&^)*&_, Ok, %$#%$&^ all that, I'm sticking it on my face. Simpler. One peice of tape across my chin protector. Adjusted it about 15 times so I could get to the button and it was way up in my face, but I could see the screen to confirm what I was seeing. Great if I remember to look at the road once in a while. Well, it worked. I even narrated a little, but it is hard to hear when I am moving. Now I have a nice 12 minute video of the "circuit" I ride frequently around my house.

http://www.flipshare.com/ViewReshare...8d27&s=6037929

Oh, and in the process I remembered what a show off I am, so don't think I'm this stupid all the time. But turn on a camera and I turn into an ***. Plus, riding "on camera" makes you forget what you are really doing. I'm lucky I lived through it.

Last edited by JHouse; 09-07-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:40 PM

Youtube limits to 10 minutes. Mine is 12+

Old 09-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HAHAHA!! Too bad you couldn't have gotten a good video of you losing your roll of tape! That would have been a good one, Joe!

I don't know anything about the flip vid site. Sorry I can't help you there.
I'm sure Mark can help you out, though.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:08 PM

Downloaded esnips. File too big. They told me to go ^%#&%#* myself. This is really fun.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:12 PM

I do have the power (according to Flipshare) to email it to anyone. So if you are bold enough (since I'm not a theif or a stalker, and you know where I live anyway) you can p.m. me your email and I'll send it to you.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the flipshare app tell it to e-mail it to yourself

When it shows up in your e-mail cut and paste the link
and make a link using the address in your post

It's that simple ....url that shows up in your e-mail
gets used in you forum post link

I never bother with the other options on the Flipshare
site

Old 09-07-2009, 06:18 PM