The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

A tribute to my best mate - now dead

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chit... sorry to hear this, Steve-o.
Some dogs are just dogs.... but some are much more than that like Max was. I know the gutted feeling from losing a good one.
I'll be sure to give my pup a hug today for ya.
(which will be easy since I've trained him to hug like a person. LOL)

Old 06-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pretty hard not to read this and feel the same way you do. I'm definitely sorry for your loss. I understand as everyone else does. I had a full blood German rottie when I was younger and he got to breed our neighbors rottie. we got one of their pups and they stayed with us together until Bo (daddy) died naturally while we were away for a camping trip. it almost killed me bc I grew up with him. of course we still had his son Rocky and he lived a long full life as well. almost the same scenario. we came home from being gone and he was laying in his favorite spot where he dug a hole and would sleep in our back shed. i used to sit and lay out in the sun with that dog for hours when I came home from school and I cried like a baby all day after we found him. we haven't owned a Rottie since. hope you get to feeling better with your loss. just think he had a long and wonderful life by your side and he definitely knew you loved him!

Old 06-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Condolences Steve.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:45 PM

Sorry for your loss man! I lost mine a year ago after quite a few years together and I think about him often. Lots of good memories!

Old 06-07-2011, 05:27 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
We are now looking for an impounded ( death row ) new pup to save and give our love too for the next 16 years hopefully ...and yer we will be spoiling the new one heaps I am sure ...!!
Sorry about the loss.

From my experience, you can try to pick a dog from the impound but in the end they pick you.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:01 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ah, That's truly **** news.....................
I know he was like a brother to you, Mate.
He's up there playing with old Shadow dog as we speak..........

If there're no dogs in Heaven - you can keep it.

RIP Max.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Next time you wander up to the dam give him a little whistle. Shut your eyes. He'll come running.
Think of all the good times......
Don't get too down mate. We all have to go sometime. Be fair to yourself. Ya did everything right.
You have my sympathies, truly. Losing your best mate is the worst thing ever.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just had to go thru this too last week Steve. We got Nitro as a new Lab-Chow pup. She was to be my 11yr old sons Jr Dragster racing mascot, hence the name. She was our best friend, protector and source of many a belly laugh for the past 13years. She died in my arms at the vet Thursday night a week ago. Friday morning I laid her to rest in her favorite spot in the cool ivy in the back yard. Cried my eyes out doing so. Funny thing yesterday, I was out back talking to her when I noticed a rabbit in the bottom of her yard. Picked up a mud clod off her mound and said this ones for you, dam if I didn't hit it.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Outstanding CB2 !
Sorry to hear of your loss too............

Old 06-07-2011, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by cb2cbr
Just had to go thru this too last week Steve. We got Nitro as a new Lab-Chow pup. She was to be my 11yr old sons Jr Dragster racing mascot, hence the name. She was our best friend, protector and source of many a belly laugh for the past 13years. She died in my arms at the vet Thursday night a week ago. Friday morning I laid her to rest in her favorite spot in the cool ivy in the back yard. Cried my eyes out doing so. Funny thing yesterday, I was out back talking to her when I noticed a rabbit in the bottom of her yard. Picked up a mud clod off her mound and said this ones for you, dam if I didn't hit it.
cb - sorry to hear about this. I got choked up reading it, but not going to lie I bust out laughing at the end... I think Nitro would approve haha.

Quick Reply: A tribute to my best mate - now dead